Bike throttle bodies

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Deaninkc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Bike throttle bodies

Post by Deaninkc »

Anyone know of good source for used motorcycle throttle bodies in the USA oreferrably in the MidWest? Looking for something to replace 34mm Mikuni's and need ones like GSX's where each TB is separate. 38mm would probably work.
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

ebay Search for gsxr throttle bodies They often go for about $100 and most on there are almost perfect. Wait for good ones. Make shure the injectors, wire harnice, TPS, Finger idle adjust cable(about 12" long with a knob on the end and fuel lines are all there. The traction control butterflys can be removed or jambed in the full open position fairly easy. They champ on to 2" ID hose making install fairly easy. See http://www.extraefi.co.uk/Gallery.htm for the ones we found for Phil

AW
Deaninkc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Deaninkc »

Thanks, I had looked on ebay but my original search in motorcycle parts turned up nothing. Changed the search and found a couple. The Rover/Buick installation is pretty impressive. Did they fabricate a manifold or use a Weber one? Made me think about using a pair on my Pantera but I think they would be a bit small. They should be about perfect for my H1 Kawasaki.