Direct Injection (need sequential router?)

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

saysomestuff
MS/Extra Newbie

Direct Injection (need sequential router?)

Post by saysomestuff »

Hi all,

Absolute newbie, I've been looking around the forums for a couple of weeks now.

I'm looking to control a vw 2.0 FSI engine via mega squirt. Initially I'll just get it running on straight direct injection (injection on the intake stroke).

Eventually I will want to also control injection to occur on the compression stroke for a stratified set up below certain load conditions.

Am i right in thinking that I'll have to wait for the router board before I can do ANYTHING with this engine? COP shouldn't be a problem but part of me is thinking that as the Throttle Body is controlled electronically (i assume TTP), there may be an easier way to organise this via megasquirt?

ANy thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cole
saysomestuff
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by saysomestuff »

lance wrote:
Am i right in thinking that I'll have to wait for the router board before I can do ANYTHING with this engine?
Cole,

I would say yes, you should wait for the router board. You could do some things, I suppose, but you'd have to do them on your own (hardware, code, and interface), so it's not for the 'faint of heart'.

Lance.
Hi Lance, thanks for the quick reply, I kind of thought I'd have to wait. Being new to this I wouldn't really fancy my chances of setting it up alone.

I've got plenty to be getting on with until the router comes out. Any ideas when it's expected?

Cheers,
Cole