Upgraded injectors now it wont start

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hachirocket
MS/Extra Newbie

Upgraded injectors now it wont start

Post by hachirocket »

Hello,

I am confused about this issue. A few weeks ago, i was tuning and I noticed that at 12psi I was running my injectors at 100%(4age, MSII v3). then I decided to upgrade to bigger injectors (550cc). Once I dropped them in, the car will not start. I am just confused since i would think that the car would run rich, but that it would still idle rough. then I readjusted the required fuel, lower the VE table values, and turned off the warmup enrichment to prevent hydrolock(still no change). I can smell the fuel thru the exhaust after cranking for a bit. I also checked the fuses and spark, all seems to be working.

Has anyone been in this situation? Is there something that i am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Raf
FoundSoul
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by FoundSoul »

That's strange-- I too have a 4age running MSnS-E and dropped 42lb injectors in in in March and it fired right up without any tuning (just had to try). I then changed my REQ_FUEL setting and tweaked my AE and cranking pulsewidths and only had minimal VE tuning to do to fine tune them in... It was a pretty simple transition all-in-all.

That said-- even if your car wouldn't start without changing your REQ_FUEL, your cranking PW and AE I'd think it should fire right up after you changed that...

Any chance something else got 'knocked loose' in the process? Are you still getting spark?
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
Founder DIYAutoTune.com / AMPEFI.com

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
More info on MSPNP Models
MicroSquirt AMP'd!
hachirocket
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by hachirocket »

Figured it out! My plugs were fouled, figures. Thanks Jerry for the suggestions!

Raf
FoundSoul
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by FoundSoul »

Awesome-- glad to hear it man!
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
Founder DIYAutoTune.com / AMPEFI.com

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
More info on MSPNP Models
MicroSquirt AMP'd!