How about this for a surge tank?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BottleFed70
Experienced MS/Extra'er

How about this for a surge tank?

Post by BottleFed70 »

Check these out: http://www.parker.com/RACOR/PRODUCTTABL ... UMFLOW.JPG

They are designed around diesel engines, but some will also work for gasoline. Looks like it would be a great filter/tank combination with it's own vent to "burp" air.
1970 Ford Mustang
MSII, v3.0 PCB, v2.36 firmware, Megatune 2.25
Deaninkc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Deaninkc »

I got a setup from BC Bronco's that works well. I probably could have duplicated it and saved 20 bucks. They use a regular remote oil filter mount and Wix gas filter drill and tap the top for a return and add a piece of aluminum tubing to the center output so that it reached the bottom.
They include all the fittings and some rubber hose.
!!!ALEXANDER
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by !!!ALEXANDER »

I have an older Diesel water seperator, (the square one) off a GM (GM or a Detroit? It's been a while, so I forget) truck.

The mounting face has two "O" rings on the surface and the whole filter/seperator thing is clear, and the thing it mounts to is vary user/installer friendly.
MS1V3 Ford 4.6 idle solenoid + 19 lb injectors + water temp, Chry 3.5 V6 dual throttle bodies, GM air temp, two fuel maps, primary fuel E85, the other backup with Gas and H2O/Alcohol injection, (my fabricated dual plenum intake someday).