ml to cc converstion?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Bow
Helpful MS/Extra'er

ml to cc converstion?

Post by Bow »

I got some information on the stock 2002 GSX-R 750 injectors for a local Suzuki dealer.

The book states the Fuel Injectors are rated for:

168 ml (5.7oz) in 10 seconds at 43 psi.

How do you convert that to cc's?

It isn't as easy as 1 ml = 1 cc is it?
Bow
Minami Kotaro
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Minami Kotaro »

Yep. 1mL = 1cc
1967 VW Beetle
2276 cc
v3.57 board, MSNS-e 029v, EDIS
Check out my ongoing story.
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ml to cc converstion?

Post by PSIG »

Bow wrote:... 2002 GSX-R 750 injectors ... 168 ml (5.7oz) in 10 seconds at 43 psi.
Wow, I didn't think they would flow over 1000cc's a minute! :shock: What are some power and torque numbers for that bike?
Bow
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bow »

PSIG wrote:
Bow wrote:... 2002 GSX-R 750 injectors ... 168 ml (5.7oz) in 10 seconds at 43 psi.
Wow, I didn't think they would flow over 1000cc's a minute! :shock: What are some power and torque numbers for that bike?
THANK YOU!

That is what I was thinking, I guess the injector cc rating isn't per hour... ;)

the 2002 Model in Stock trim is only like 114 hp...

So I guess they are 168cc injectors...

Thanks for the calm, cool and collected answers, and for not flaming the living hell out of me... :oops:

Too bad they are WAY too small for my 2.4 liter... now to find some that will fit in the Throttle bodies injector ports... say... 330cc?
Bow
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Normally, it's lb/hr or cc/min, so those would be 1008 cc/min injectors. That may sound crazy, but it may have something to do with the high redline. Suzuki may be trying to do some sort of sequential injection there, in which case the injector doesn't have very long to be open.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Bow
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bow »

Matt Cramer wrote:Normally, it's lb/hr or cc/min, so those would be 1008 cc/min injectors. That may sound crazy, but it may have something to do with the high redline. Suzuki may be trying to do some sort of sequential injection there, in which case the injector doesn't have very long to be open.
So you are saying that I probably Could use these injectors on my KA24DE 2.4 liter with ITB's?

:shock:
Bow
Uncle Bob
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Uncle Bob »

my understanding was, most all of the suzuki throttle bodies use 220cc/min injectors.

RPM doesn't make any difference on injector size, engine HP (or more importantly, fuel consumption) does though.
Ryan
ryan.langford@comcast.net

Two turbo'd bikes and counting
"Life begins at 10psi"
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

Uncle Bob,
That is not entirely true, RPM does have some impact.

Think of this, say your injector open time is 1ms.
Well, on a 5000 RPM engine, you have 12ms between burns, so that 1 ms lost to opening, isn't so significant only 8.5% lost to open time. You still have 11 ms.

Now a 13000 RPM bike motor only has 4.6 ms between burns, take 1ms off for open time and you are down to 3.6 ms, so 22% of the injectors time to spray is lost in open time.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
exupturbo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by exupturbo »

Bow wrote:
PSIG wrote:
THANK YOU!

That is what I was thinking, I guess the injector cc rating isn't per hour... ;)

the 2002 Model in Stock trim is only like 114 hp...

So I guess they are 168cc injectors...

Thanks for the calm, cool and collected answers, and for not flaming the living hell out of me... :oops:

Too bad they are WAY too small for my 2.4 liter... now to find some that will fit in the Throttle bodies injector ports... say... 330cc?
I used supercharged Jaguar V8 injectors in my GSXR 750 throttle bodies, they are high impedance and flow 345cc min at 3 bar. The plastic cap on the very front of the injector is a bit bigger than the stock one and you will need to file it down a bit or drill out the hole in the throttle body to give clearance. The Jag uses a Ford engine and the injectors are marked Ford and Denso, I did not think to write down the part numbers as they were an ebay bargain :oops:
Bodies with jag injectors

Pic from Ebay

Mark
Uncle Bob
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Uncle Bob »

LT401Vette wrote:Uncle Bob,
That is not entirely true, RPM does have some impact.

Think of this, say your injector open time is 1ms.
Well, on a 5000 RPM engine, you have 12ms between burns, so that 1 ms lost to opening, isn't so significant only 8.5% lost to open time. You still have 11 ms.

Now a 13000 RPM bike motor only has 4.6 ms between burns, take 1ms off for open time and you are down to 3.6 ms, so 22% of the injectors time to spray is lost in open time.
I understand your point, but even in your example, that still leaves near 80%....plenty of time for a properly sized injector.
Ryan
ryan.langford@comcast.net

Two turbo'd bikes and counting
"Life begins at 10psi"