What ignition setup?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Malachy
MS/Extra Newbie

What ignition setup?

Post by Malachy »

Hi i am in a bit of a predicament,
I am completly new to megasquirt and will be recieveing my ms2 kit tomorrow from diyautos (great delivery times to the uk).
I am in the middle of converting my peugeot 306 to run a 2l turbo engine (4cylinder), this uses bosch mototronic ecu MP3.2.
I plan to use megasquirt with this so i orderd up ms2 kit, however in hindsight it seems I shouldve got msns+extra since I planned to run the stock ignition, A bosch 0227100204 module with 2 ignition inputs driving a wasted spark coil with 2 ignition inputs from the module.

With ms2 this is currently impossible although the hardware can easily be modified (has been done on msns) the code is not ready yet and i am useless with c+ (have no experiance at all) so making code is not an option for me.

Running a dizzy is not an option either since my engine does not have an option for this, well you can get adaptor plates but that is serious money.

I have one question that i would like answered really, Can you run ford edis on the stock 60-2 wheel with the new beta code? or will i have to convert to a 36-1 wheel (which i would rather not do). This is one of my options if it works.

another is. Can i buy an ms1 processor and install it in my v3 board and set this up to run MSnS+ extra running my stock bosch wasted spark ignition using led output to drive the second coil. Then change back to MS2+extra when this is released?

Any information on this subject would be apreciated
regards Andy
turbo355
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo355 »

you would probably be best to buy the old processor and use the MSnSextra coad