3s-gte ignition signal input using MSnS-E

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

cs2883
MS/Extra Newbie

3s-gte ignition signal input using MSnS-E

Post by cs2883 »

Hello,

I've been reading up on this and can't find what i need to know. I have the V3 pcb board and have the VR conditioning circuit built, i'm going to use the on board conditioner with the Ne signal and use the proto area for building the 2nd conditioning circuit that is needed for the G1 and G2 signals.

As i understand it the output from the Ne conditioner goes to pin6 of U4, should i use the VRout or the VRoutINV to go to pin 6? The output of the other conditioner goes to pin 11 of U1.

The output signal from pin 36 of the DB37 connector goes to the IGT wire. Which is the best/easiest way of wiring up the VB921 to run the ignitor? I have been reading and was going to run it off the top of R26 with a 330 ohm resistor to IGBTIN and connecting IGTBOUT to IGN. Will this work?

Any help would be most welcome.
toydoctor72
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by toydoctor72 »

If you plan to use MS1 with MSn' s-extra code, you can fire the ignitor with out the need for a VB921. The ignitor works off of a square wave that is dwell specific.

Use one of the LED outputs for an output to the ignitor with a 1k pull-up resistor to +5v. Make sure you run non inverted spark output or you will over heat the coil/ignitor.

If you need any assistance tuning your second conditioner circuit please ask any questions, I have some good componet values for tuning the g1 and g2 signals.

Ryan
cs2883
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by cs2883 »

Cheers Ryan,

Do you need to remove the LED and put a jumper across or can you leave the LED in place? I guess you don't need the extra resistor from the LED to IGN jumper. As you run it from after R26.

The values for the second VR conditioner would be most greatfully recieved.

Thanks again

Ian
nfn15037
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by nfn15037 »

I would also be interested in setting up a 2nd input for my 3SGTE, any suggestions as far as starting points for the VR conditioner circuit component values?