Stuck; Need info on Ignition setup/control for Miata

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

elesjuan
MS/Extra Newbie

Stuck; Need info on Ignition setup/control for Miata

Post by elesjuan »

I'm totally stuck. Have the 2.2 board 100% assmebled with MS1 proc, totally untouched software wise. Have read everything I can find, yet still can not figure out how to setup ignition control on my car; what i need, how to wire, etc.

1995 Miata, using OEM PCM For IAC. Has the DSM CAS, GM open IAT, GM WTS, Miata TPS, and Standard B&G MAP, also using the relay board. I'd like to use coil-on-plug setup, but would be tickled pink if I could get the STOCK pair of coils figured out for wastefire.

Basically I can't figure out what else I need ot buy, code to install, and how to wire this thing so it'll work. I need ignition and fuel control on the car, its turbocharged. Honestly had NO idea this was so difficult, and I'm good with electronics too.

Any help anybody can give me that'd be great. Have posted numerous things on numerous boards and can not seem to figure it up.

-Scott
AlHounos
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AlHounos »

Check the success stories forum. Lots of people have figured it out. Just not me. :x