Missing on only 1 coil under 1000k rpm???

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

4cefedtiburon
MS/Extra Newbie

Missing on only 1 coil under 1000k rpm???

Post by 4cefedtiburon »

My setup is a dual coil wasted spark on a 4cyl motor Im running MS v3 board with MSNS-E with a 2nd vb921 for running a 2nd coil (installed by RSautosport) running a VR sensor with a 60-2 wheel. What is happening everything runs extremely smooth above 1k untill it drops to about 850-950rpm then it starts to miss on the far left LED when looking at them. I have checked settings with crank wheel and ignition pickup nothing seems to be wrong. Megatune shows the rpm as being right and dosnt show any misses. Could somthing be shorted?
mops
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by mops »

did you do the basics.. like check the spark plugs ? maybe they got fouled durning tuning...
BMW, 1985, E30, 325i, 2-door, 5spd. Lots of custom work. Turbo build in progress: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55733
4cefedtiburon
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 4cefedtiburon »

No its not plugs or wires just bought a new set of wires and the plugs look chocolate brown and black like they should in a turbo car. I can visually see the led on the MS flashing only half as fast as the other and my AF shoots up to 19:1 from the unburned air otherwise its fine runs great from about 1k on up to 7k no misses and good af ratios.