No rpm signal (piggyback)

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

maddios
Helpful MS/Extra'er

No rpm signal (piggyback)

Post by maddios »

Hi guys i'm trying to get my MS2 v3 wired up and i figured i'd start with the rpm signal and the MS doesn't see any on the tach line from stock ecu...

I'm running revision 2.36 on my ecu and it's setup to run as a HALL sensor pickup.

On the Stimulator it works just fine however when i try to pick up rpm signal off the tach signal going to the dash. I'm trying to set it up as a piggyback system for now to control just injectors. I tested the output and stock ECU puts out 48Hz at idle. To read the tach i just hooked up the grounds to the same spot the stock ecu is grounded to, and the 12v line to the ign on. Then i attached pin24 to the tach signal.

Am i missing something?

Thank you
Gene
Last edited by maddios on Tue May 30, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maddios
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by maddios »

Oops. Sorry, it's a 1991 BMW M5 ecu.
maddios
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by maddios »

i measured the outputs on the stim and compared it to the outputs from the ecu on my car, and the stim puts out way less HZ at 1000rpm than the ecu from my car. Also it reads a lower DC voltage (probably due to a shorter pulse and lower voltage)

Do i have to modify my MS to accept this type of input? or is something else a prob