Quick Wideband Question

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

badjuju
MS/Extra Newbie

Quick Wideband Question

Post by badjuju »

I've got an Innovate LC1, and I'd like to know the best way to run a signal to megasquirt? both outputs are currently set to put out 1 volt at 10.0 afr, and 2 volts at 20 afr. one output is sending to a voltmeter in the car, and i'd like to run the other to megasquirt. Is it possible to tell megasquirt how to read 1-2 volts as 10-20 afr, or do i need to reprogram my lc1, and if so, how should i set it up?

TIA,
alec
ronsonol
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ronsonol »

You need to setup the LC1 using the software that it comes with. I'll assume you've already done this, as one of its outputs read should come from factory sending out different values.

Use the LM programmer, and make one of the analog outputs read 0-5v, making it 10.0 AFR - 20.0 AFR. Configure megasquirt in megatune to use one wideband, and calibrate it under its tools for the Innovate 0-5v settings.

Also, read up on the resistor mod for the connection from the LC-1 to Megasquirt, http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=16515.

Good luck,

Ron