Duraspark II distro cranking too slow for MSII V3.0?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mattscot007
MS/Extra Newbie

Duraspark II distro cranking too slow for MSII V3.0?

Post by mattscot007 »

Trying to get my first MSII install going, and I cant seem to get an RPM signal to the MS.

The stimulator works, and when I pull the distributor from the motor and spin it with my hand QUICKLY, MS registers the RPM signal and goes to cranking mode. The truck doesn't turn over this quickly though.

I am using the VR circuit on the V3.0 board. Is this just too slow for VR? Do I need to go to a TFI distributor and switch to the hall effect circuit? I dont want to spend the money if this distributor will work fine.

I am not sure on the polarity of the wires for the VR sensor. One is purple/blue stripe and the other is orange. I have tried reversing the polarity of these two wires, and either way works when spinning the distro by hand.

Please Help, I am stumped.
mattscot007
MS/Extra Newbie

Adjusting VR pots?

Post by mattscot007 »

I will check that out right now. Could the pots for the VR circuit create the problem that I am having if they are wrong? I am going down to pull the MS from the truck now and was wondering if there was another thing to check while I had it out.

Thanks again
mattscot007
MS/Extra Newbie

board checked out ok

Post by mattscot007 »

I checked the board for soldering problems and did not find anything. I am at a loss.
mattscot007
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mattscot007 »

I think that it was the pots not being set correctly. I am getting a tach signal now. All I have to do now is get it started :(