Sequential Fuel Injection on V3???

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mos68x
MS/Extra Newbie

Sequential Fuel Injection on V3???

Post by mos68x »

I'm not hearing very many good points on the claimed sequential fuel injection for the v3, please someone tell me different if i'm really wrong. but so far all i have heard is that it is either banked or batched, either is unacceptable for what i need it for in the end - direct injection H2 for "quality air" setup, just like desiel.

and is the ignition drivers setup the same way? i can't run wasted spark with H2, but from what read in the info, it sounds like you can run each coil seperate...am i right?

i had heard rumors as to a megasquirt ultra, but that was some months ago. anything updated on that? or would the ultra be a better setup for my project??

any info please
thanks
krisr
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Sequential Fuel Injection on V3???

Post by krisr »

mos68x wrote:I'm not hearing very many good points on the claimed sequential fuel injection for the v3
Funny that, because it only works in bank or batch fire. There's only 2 injector drivers and 1 coil driver. I believe you will need to wait for the router board.

Kris
Sydney, Australia
1971 Holden Monaro HQ
MS3X Sequentially fuelled 400 Pontiac
78Spit1500Fed
MS/Extra Guru

Post by 78Spit1500Fed »

mos68x wrote:I'm not hearing very many good points on the claimed sequential fuel injection for the v3, please someone tell me different if i'm really wrong. but so far all i have heard is that it is either banked or batched, either is unacceptable for what i need it for in the end - direct injection H2 for "quality air" setup, just like desiel.
MS isn't going to work for you (any incarnation) unless you're willing to do some custom coding or wait for the router board, which will enable sequential injection.

No one has claimed that MSII or the V3 board can do sequential. In fact, great effort has been put into educating the potential user to the actual features by way of the www.megasquirt.info domain.
mos68x wrote:and is the ignition drivers setup the same way? i can't run wasted spark with H2, but from what read in the info, it sounds like you can run each coil seperate...am i right?
V3 only referrs to the main board revision. Either a MegaSquirt or MSII can be used in this board (as with all boards) The MSII does have ignition control on the "factory" code, but it is wasted or distributed spark only, no Coil-On-Plug support. The MegaSquirt with "factory" code does not have any ignition support, but the MegaSquirt & Spark-Extra firmware has provisions for both wasted spark and coil-on-plug. (In addition to about a hundred other features.
mos68x wrote:i had heard rumors as to a megasquirt ultra, but that was some months ago. anything updated on that? or would the ultra be a better setup for my project??
The UltraMegaSquirt is only a concept at this time; that which would integrate all the technologies present in the future Router Board, PWC and the existing MSII.

MegaSquirt is designed for traditional 4-stroke fossil fuel Otto cycle engines. There is no built-in support for Hydrogen or Desil cycle engines at this time.

-Brian
mos68x
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mos68x »

78Spit1500Fed wrote:
mos68x wrote:I'm not hearing very many good points on the claimed sequential fuel injection for the v3, please someone tell me different if i'm really wrong. but so far all i have heard is that it is either banked or batched, either is unacceptable for what i need it for in the end - direct injection H2 for "quality air" setup, just like desiel.
MS isn't going to work for you (any incarnation) unless you're willing to do some custom coding or wait for the router board, which will enable sequential injection.

No one has claimed that MSII or the V3 board can do sequential. In fact, great effort has been put into educating the potential user to the actual features by way of the www.megasquirt.info domain.
mos68x wrote:and is the ignition drivers setup the same way? i can't run wasted spark with H2, but from what read in the info, it sounds like you can run each coil seperate...am i right?
V3 only referrs to the main board revision. Either a MegaSquirt or MSII can be used in this board (as with all boards) The MSII does have ignition control on the "factory" code, but it is wasted or distributed spark only, no Coil-On-Plug support. The MegaSquirt with "factory" code does not have any ignition support, but the MegaSquirt & Spark-Extra firmware has provisions for both wasted spark and coil-on-plug. (In addition to about a hundred other features.
mos68x wrote:i had heard rumors as to a megasquirt ultra, but that was some months ago. anything updated on that? or would the ultra be a better setup for my project??
The UltraMegaSquirt is only a concept at this time; that which would integrate all the technologies present in the future Router Board, PWC and the existing MSII.

MegaSquirt is designed for traditional 4-stroke fossil fuel Otto cycle engines. There is no built-in support for Hydrogen or Desil cycle engines at this time.

-Brian
well i have been watching the megasquirt for a while, since about 4 years ago. but onlyrecently got one myself, and to be honest i'm not sure which one i have. i'm out in iraq right now so i can't just go out the garage and take a look. i've been working one settin the car up with a single connector at the firewall for ease of removing the engine/trans.

i had heard, and i remember seeing claims - i just don't remember where - to the sequential parts. if not that's fine, i'll work on the parts that i'll need if i can.

i know you can run h2 with the megasquirt, others have, but they have the injectors setup as port injection rather than direct injection.

as far as the ultra, i hadn't been able to find it the last time i was looking, but i thought that they were closing up the last few details for the board a few months ago?

well if nothing else for ignition i'll just go to my fallback, i'll get a MSD system that i can use with individual coils.

i haven't heard anything about a router board...can you post a link to it? or some word of it??

thanks for the info
78Spit1500Fed
MS/Extra Guru

Post by 78Spit1500Fed »

mos68x wrote:as far as the ultra, i hadn't been able to find it the last time i was looking, but i thought that they were closing up the last few details for the board a few months ago?
That board was a revision to the standard MegaSquirt PCB... it's called V3.0
mos68x wrote:i haven't heard anything about a router board...can you post a link to it? or some word of it??
http://www.megasquirt.info/router/
mos68x wrote:thanks for the info
You bet! Stay safe.

-Brian
mos68x
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mos68x »

78Spit1500Fed wrote:
mos68x wrote:as far as the ultra, i hadn't been able to find it the last time i was looking, but i thought that they were closing up the last few details for the board a few months ago?
That board was a revision to the standard MegaSquirt PCB... it's called V3.0
mos68x wrote:i haven't heard anything about a router board...can you post a link to it? or some word of it??
http://www.megasquirt.info/router/
mos68x wrote:thanks for the info
You bet! Stay safe.

-Brian
so i COULD use two router boards, for my 4cyl or my 8cyl, one board for the fuel injection control and one for the COP control...right? and that is using the current MS that i have(i think it's MS2 or 2.2, not toally sure)...right?

thanks for the help