Holley TBI Fuel Fittings

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

gr8amp
MS/Extra Newbie

Holley TBI Fuel Fittings

Post by gr8amp »

I am trying to piece together fuel system, and have run into some difficulty finding some fittings.

I got a good deal on a holley 502-6 TBI, which I believe is sold as a replacement for 88-89 GM trucks. I am trying to find the proper fuel fittings and have come up empty. The information I have found online seems to indicate that the 3/8" and 5/16" fuel line repair kits by Dorman should be the proper connections for this TBI. Unfortunately, these connections are much too large for the connections on the TBI.

After doing some reading and looking at some pictures, I am beginning to think that think that GM uses adapter pieces that thread into the TBI body and then allow the connection of the 3/8" and 5/16" fittings. Yet, I have been unable to locate these adapters anywhere. (I get those strange looks from the guy behind the parts counter :| )

Does anyone have any experience with this, or know of a good source for these connectors?

Thanks,
-Jim
gr8amp
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gr8amp »

Lance,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried a handful of NPT fittings without any luck. A 5/16 seems to work for the intake line (although it seems a bit loose....enough to tell me it isn't going to work right), and I haven't found anything that fits the return side (looks like a 1/4 "might" work there).

I did some more hunting and found some pics of what I think I need. The following image shows these adapters.

Looks like it might be time for a junkyard run.

::EDIT: Looks like you replied quicker than I could :D . Thanks for the info, thats exactly what I am looking for.
Last edited by gr8amp on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eliotmansfield
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Holley TBI Fuel Fittings

Post by eliotmansfield »

Here's a GM TBI that I got in the UK, looks like same fittings:
http://www.mez.co.uk/dcam/10040005.JPG

Eliot.

Posted by email.