Pull-up resistor

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

johnhup
MS/Extra Newbie

Pull-up resistor

Post by johnhup »

So I know this question has been beat to death, but I still understand what has to be done exactly. I am running MS-II v3 and do NOT plan on running spark control yet.

I am just trying to up the voltage from the negative end of my coil so Pin 24 can read it. Right now I am only getting 8.5 volts. Is all I have to do is add a 1k 1-watt resistor to pull the signal up?

Is this essentially what I need?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... age=search

Dont resistors pull the signal down? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
1973 Polaris Silver BMW 2002
------------------------------------------
M10 2.0 Litre | SOHC 278 degree cam
9.5:1 tii cast pistons | tii header | Crane XR700
johnhup
MS/Extra Newbie

Triggering off coil

Post by johnhup »

I do not have points anymore. I am using a Crane XR700 with an optical sensor. For now I just want to keep this in place.

Instead of soldering my board (which I am afraid to actually), cant I just use a resistor to get the required voltage to my MS-II?
johnhup
MS/Extra Newbie

Hmm

Post by johnhup »

Well first thing I am gonna do is see how my MS-II is setup. I bought it assembled from DIY Auto Tune. My guess is its NOT setup to sense Hall signals considering my coil is putting out 8.5 volts and Pin 24 is not sensing it (although it does from the Stim).

My guess is that it IS setup to sense from the negative end of the coil. Is this the proper assumption? Would it be easier for me to just bail on my Crane and setup my MS to trigger the coil itself?

I know this requires a lot of mods which I may not be comfortable doing. I wasnt planning on having the MS manage my ignition as I am somewhat new to the world of fuel injection. I wanted to work on this later.