Got a trigger signal from coil, but (i'm an idiot)

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

johnhup
MS/Extra Newbie

Got a trigger signal from coil, but (i'm an idiot)

Post by johnhup »

This is really odd. I have been trying to get a signal from the negative side of Tach for a while now, and I just got it working on accident.

I am using a wiring harness from DIY Auto Tune which uses a shielded wire for the ignition. So what I did was attached a 1k 1/4 watt resistor to it and wired it to the negative end of the coil. No response.

Then, when I was playing with the multimeter I attached the negative end to the IGN wire's metal sheeth, and the positive end to the positive end of the coil and voila! What the hell? Now what do I do?

I dont think running around with a jumper is the way to run. Any suggestions? MS-II v3.

Umm yea. I realized that the shielding is supposed to be attached to the coil (pin number 2). I guess its a learning experience. I thought I only needed the negative wire to be attached to the coil.
Last edited by johnhup on Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1973 Polaris Silver BMW 2002
------------------------------------------
M10 2.0 Litre | SOHC 278 degree cam
9.5:1 tii cast pistons | tii header | Crane XR700
johnhup
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by johnhup »

This is kinda weird actually. I just hooked up the stim and measured the voltage from the 9v battery + and Pin 24 and it reads a stead 7.05. Wtf?! Why cant I get a proper reading of the 8.5v coil?
1973 Polaris Silver BMW 2002
------------------------------------------
M10 2.0 Litre | SOHC 278 degree cam
9.5:1 tii cast pistons | tii header | Crane XR700