lpg injector specs

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ranchero
MS/Extra Newbie

lpg injector specs

Post by ranchero »

How can i determen the flowrate of a lpg injector (no liquid). I was thinking of a airflowmeter for tig welders, the ones to messure the flow of the welding gas. Its a small tube with a ball in it. Its verry hard to find specs of these injector types, there from BIGAS.
Any specs are welcome, even the ones from other brands of lpg injectors.
using MS2 code MSII Megatune 2.25 board version 3
Thanks

Frank
fscott
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by fscott »

The simplest way I can think of is to rig the injector to fill a calculated volume. One of those collapsable water containers used for camping would be a good test volume. It collapses to the point that it has almost no air in it, and when filled, it's a cube with an easy to calculate volume. Rig your injector to fill one with propane and see how long it takes. Just don't smoke while you do this. :P
mitsuko
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mitsuko »

Another way is to use a graduated cilinder with a small amount of soap water and an entrance on the side .
It takes some practise , but it's possible to create a kind of soap bulb that will move up in the cilinder as it gets filled wit gas troug the side entrance .

Pat
FixItAgainTony
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by FixItAgainTony »

How about using the graduated cylinder in a bucket of water? Let the graduated cylinder fill up with the water, invert it and then pipe the flow from the injector into the graduated cylinder to displace the water. You should be able to read the gas voume from the cylinder. Worked for Archimedes :)

I think the newer MS-II code (v2.6?) has an injector flow rate timer - turns the injectors on for a specific amount of time:

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?p=12 ... ht=#122533

Charles.
Fiat - A great car for those who like to walk.
ranchero
MS/Extra Newbie

lpg injectors specs

Post by ranchero »

Hay all, i used one of those flowmeter for tig welders and it dosn't work, they are to small for the job. Instead of gas i used compressed air, its safer to use at 1.6 bar pressure, the same as the system uses.
I found some data regarding lpg injectors and it says: flow 32 to 93 cc at 2.5 bar. Openingtime 24 ms. see this site.
http://www.prins-lpg.com/nl/producten/v ... rrail.html

MSII ver3 code 2.25
Greets from Belgium

Frank