Help with injector size on a aircooled engine please....

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

skyguynca
MS/Extra Newbie

Help with injector size on a aircooled engine please....

Post by skyguynca »

I am putting a MS-1 on a PE60. It is simular to the continental C90, it is out of a ground power unit, and going on a airboat. It is 200 cubic inches and puts out 90hp @ 2750 rpms. It is aircooled. I was told that I would need larger injectors than the injector calculator suggested.

Can anyone help??
jakobsladderz
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jakobsladderz »

From what I've heard, Aircooled motors like to run rich, like 12.5:1 at full load and 13.5:1 at light load to keep the temps under control. These mixture levels sound similar to turbo mixtures so I would suggest if you put a value of 0.65 lb/hp hr for the BSFC in the injector calculator (or multiply the NA injector size you found by (0.65/0.5) or 1.3) you should be pretty right. If you're making around 100hp with 4 cylinder you should be right with ~250cc/min injectors I would suggest, perhaps a little smaller.

Cheers,
Duncan
Exeter: (noun) the nut or bolt always left over after putting something back together (Douglas Adams, The meaning of Liff)