Hei 4-pin

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

buzzy
MS/Extra Newbie

Hei 4-pin

Post by buzzy »

Hello, I`m from Norway and have a chevy blazer s-10, and a firebird intake, 2.8 MPFI. (just to get the injectors etc)

I have ms II, and controlled only fuel at first... Now I want to wire the ignition, but have some questions:

It`s a 4-pin HEI module in my distributor, and I read that on the two wires that comes out of the dist, I can put in on the Hall sensor circuit on MS?? is this correct? I also read lance written that the 4-pin also controlles dwell? how am I supposed to wire/set up MS for this? do it need pull up voltage at the signal input? Stim works fine, but get no rpm with this wiring. Wired the 1. lead to +12 at the coil, and the other to tach input at MS. Sorry for my bad english :oops:

Thanks for any help! :D
Ben
buzzy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by buzzy »

So you are saying that I can use the 4-pin HEI, on the VR input on my V3 MS board? In that case, Is it any setup I need to be aware of? if the thing is some sort of intelligent?(mean dwell etc).
And yes, I am using the direct coil driver.
Ben
buzzy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by buzzy »

ohh.. sorry.. i forgot to mention that.. uff.. I only want to use the 4-pin to get an input for MS..
Ben
buzzy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by buzzy »

Thanks!
Ben