Iac MSII 3.0 board

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Scott Bruce
MS/Extra Newbie

Iac MSII 3.0 board

Post by Scott Bruce »

Hi
I have a strange problem. On initial start up, the IAC valve does not close at the 160 deg water temp. Upon re start, it will idle down. Seems strange. Has any one seen this problem?
Scott Bruce 69 Turbo Lotus Europa
BottleFed70
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BottleFed70 »

What version of firmware are you running?
1970 Ford Mustang
MSII, v3.0 PCB, v2.36 firmware, Megatune 2.25
ronsonol
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ronsonol »

Yes, I see the same thing from time to time. And its very inconsistent, so its hard to troubleshoot.

I'll start the car and the idle will stay high, and the iac won't begin to close at all. Turn off, and immediately re-start, will fix the problem. Still following threads for that perfect solution.
1983 Jaguar XJS, 355 SBC TPI powered by MSII/V3 running code 2.684/MT 2.25, LC-1 wbO2, 7-pin HEI ignition

1986 Jaguar XJ12, V12, future project?
Scott Bruce
MS/Extra Newbie

IAC

Post by Scott Bruce »

I'm not sure of the firmware. My brother installed it. It was installed about 2 months ago and i believe it was the latest at that time.
Scott
BottleFed70
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: IAC

Post by BottleFed70 »

Scott Bruce wrote:I'm not sure of the firmware. My brother installed it. It was installed about 2 months ago and i believe it was the latest at that time.
Scott
That's most likely the problem then. There was a bug in the firmware that was just fixed a month or so ago that caused the exact symptoms you are talking of. You need to upgrade the firmware to version 2.36
1970 Ford Mustang
MSII, v3.0 PCB, v2.36 firmware, Megatune 2.25