edis question

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ranchero
MS/Extra Newbie

edis question

Post by ranchero »

hay there

Is is possible to rearange the wires for the coilpacs?
In the illustration it says, pin 8-9 goes to A-B and 11-12 to C-D.
Is this importand or can i change these wires to lets say 8 to A and 9 to C and 11 to B and 12 to D.

Im working on a Ford cleveland firingorder 13726548 and want to place one coilpack for each cylinderbank on the innerfenders with no sparkplugwires going over the engine to couse magnetic interference.

What combination should i use to pair the plugs.

Thank in advance
Frank

MS-II v3 code 2.25
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

edis question

Post by Keithg »

Unless I misunderstand... 'ain't gonna happen'. You want one coil pack per bank. You will need to work it out, though.

A 90 deg crank V8 will have an odd cadence and will require wires to swap banks to get a wasted spark firing order regardless of ford, chry, buick, etc. a flat crank (180 deg - ferrari) is another story.

KeithG

Posted by email.
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

The problem is that the wasted spark must go to the sister cylinder from the same coil. So, for your Ford 13726548 example, the paired sister cylinders (ones that fire 360° apart) are 1/6, 3/5, 7/4 and 2/8. Note that in this case there is one cylinder on each bank in each pair (Ford uses cylinders 1234 on the right and 5678 on the left). Therefore in every case you have wires crossing over, or you can have wires coming from the center out with no crossing, i.e. - with the coils mounted on the rear of the manifold or center of the firewall, the wires go neatly to either side from center.

This does not give you the fenderwell mounting you desired but is another clean way of doing it within the firing order you are using.

Hope that helps,
David
ranchero
MS/Extra Newbie

edis question

Post by ranchero »

OK, i see now.
I can't pair plugs in a differend way so i have to mount them on the engine.

Thanks guy's

MS-II V3 Code 2.25