7 pin hei and relay board

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

lani16
MS/Extra Newbie

7 pin hei and relay board

Post by lani16 »

i'm working on the wiring for my MS II and i'm gonna be using a relay board with it and a relay board to MS II cable from DIY Autotune. Now i was searching the megamanual for wiring a 7 pin hei and the picture shows pin E going to db37 pin #36, pin R to db37 pin #24 and a connection from a relay to db 37 pin # 26. My question is can i wire this trought the relay board somehow? and is that relay shown on the picture included on the relay board or i have to come up with it? this is the pic i'm looking at in the manual>> http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/ew7hei.gif << if anyone has a proven setup of this kind i would love to have some wiring dyagrams thanxxx
US Goverment Policy>If It Ain't Broke Fix It Ti'll It Is<
ronsonol
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ronsonol »

You want to wiring exact as per that diagram you already see.

The relay needed is not supplied on the relay board.

Pick up a new relay, and wire the power/ground as pictured. The connection on the relay to pin #26 supplys 5volts. We use this source because 5 volts is hard to find anywhere else. I just tapped into the wire off the relay board and soldered/heat shrinked it.

The wires from the hei module run directly to the relay board on pins #24 from R, and #36 from E. The last wire to the hei module, runs from the relay you wired up, and goes to pin B of the module.
1983 Jaguar XJS, 355 SBC TPI powered by MSII/V3 running code 2.684/MT 2.25, LC-1 wbO2, 7-pin HEI ignition

1986 Jaguar XJ12, V12, future project?
lani16
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by lani16 »

ok is there a relay for the fidle circuit on the relay board?and if there is can i use it for the ing setupp or it would be easier just to add a separate relay.But i have another problem now thanxx to >>Lance<< i saw that i can use MS II to control my torque converter clutch wich i really need with my 200 4r tranny. should i use the fidle relay on the board for this(TTC)? and solder the ign wires to the bottom of the board under the connector on their respective pins? any ideas I think this should be a relay board question PS My husband says you guys are bad influence for me
US Goverment Policy>If It Ain't Broke Fix It Ti'll It Is<