Clip on fuel supply hose BMW TB.

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

FIntruder
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Clip on fuel supply hose BMW TB.

Post by FIntruder »

I am using BMW mototcycle / Bing throttle bodies in my project and they use a clip-on style fuel supply hose on the injector instead of a fuel rail. The TB's are in different locations so a rail would be next to impossible. The part I need is not available from BMW individually, its part of the whole regulator, return assembly which won't work on my bike is is kinda expensive. Where can I get these that I can attach to a hose or copper line or..........?
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

Are any of the three on this page the type you can use?
http://msdignition.com/fuel_9.htm

Or you can cut a GM or other clip type rail in sections and plumb it from there?

David
FIntruder
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by FIntruder »

What kinda GM uses a clip type rail? The clips on the MSD link you sent me look a little different but may work. Too bad I only need 2, not 8. Do you know if the MSD injectors are the same physical size as say a Bosch 19# in most Fords? If so then those brass clip fittings should work and I would just have to use their clip.
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

A quick trip to the boneyard will show lots of cars with clip injector rails. Most top-feed injectors in the last 20 years have the same size top with the exception of some Japanese types. If in doubt, ask the supplier of your injectors for the correct sizing. Length may be a factor in your mods as well...