I've gone from 9:1 to 20:1... Bad injector?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

badjuju
MS/Extra Newbie

I've gone from 9:1 to 20:1... Bad injector?

Post by badjuju »

Hey guys, this is a direct subpost from one of mine in the L6 forum... Here's a link.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112744

Basically, my fourth injector shorted out on the ground side, turning it on for 30 seconds to 5 minutes each time the wire got near the ground. This was causing my afr to go down to 9.0:1 or so (LC-1). I fixed the ground as soon as I saw it, and the 9:1 crap stopped.

Three days later, my afr is up at 20:1. I can't accelerate. Basically I'm having the same acceleration issues I was having before, except now it's reading 20 instead of 9.

I'm wondering, uhh, what do I do? The resistance on all of them reads 2.7-2.8 ohms, and i'm wondering what my course of action should be... Is there a chance that it's still a bad injector though the resistance is reading right? my fuel rpessure is reading about 20 psi when the car is running.
BottleFed70
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BottleFed70 »

I really doubt your engine would run at all at 20:1 AFR. The 1st thing I'd do it make sure that reading is correct.
1970 Ford Mustang
MSII, v3.0 PCB, v2.36 firmware, Megatune 2.25