Do i need a Dave cap? missing prob vw2L 16v MS2 V3 w/ IGBT

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mxmang
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Do i need a Dave cap? missing prob vw2L 16v MS2 V3 w/ IGBT

Post by mxmang »

Hello friends. I am using a megasquirt 2 v3 board on my 90 jetta 2L 16v, it worked well, had a weird miss i fixed with some dwell changes and spark advance adjustment, the problem went away for a while and came back but now my tachometer seems to have burnt out. It would drop a few RPM when the miss occured, then suddenly the tach started bouncing around all over the place...haha... ive seen this happen when the tracks fall off of the cluster or a resistor or diode blows on the cluster...

I have a second tach but i wanted to know if it's possible megasquirt is shooting a bunch of ignition voltage down my coil - wire... what kind of info do you need from me to check this?

My problem right now is when i get it to around 50-60kpa it starts to miss at low rpm, if i can get past the miss the car will fly all the way up to redline... do i need a dave cap to kill some noise on my signal wire?

Any help would be awesome. This would help alot of VW people and some TFI guys as well. :) thanks!