Sizing LPG injectors

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

engmpoll
MS/Extra Newbie

Sizing LPG injectors

Post by engmpoll »

Hi,

I'm currently starting on the road to building a squirt and spark set up for my 3.5 V8. I'm intending to use ms to control lpg injectors as I intend to completely remove the petrol system. That said I'm struggling to find info on sizing of lpg injectors, I know the size of my petrol injectors but surely lpg injectors need to be larger due to its gas form? also would it be possible to run a single injector or do you think this would be to crude for accurate control? any input or experience people have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt
Fail To Prepare, Prepare To Fail
Pilninggas
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Pilninggas »

There is a thread about injector sizes on www.lpgforum.co.uk, i'd find it for you but the search mechanism is labourious. If i remember right the injector bores go up in 0.5mm diameters.

If yuu go for OMVL dream injectors you would just new 2 banks with a power rating in the the region of your cylinder banks. The smallest OMVL injector rail is 4 cylinders and is rated upto 160bhp, so if you are running 300bhp, 2 of those is gonna be plenty.

Jaymic in Britiain do OMVL supply of parts.

Merv.
Pilninggas
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Pilninggas »

It's also worth remebering that you will need to run the injector rail with the right evaporator, as the injector systems reference map to the evaporator to control injector rail pressure (there is obviously no fuel return capability with lpg, as there is with petrol. If you have not yet used Megasquirt why not just use an onvl dream set-up www.wtv-uk.co.uk might have what you need.

If you get an omvl dream setup i have the software and the tuning cable for adjusting it. Which you can borrow, if you need it

Im presently MS2ing a motorcycle, but when it comes to lpg often the ready to go stuff is very good.
engmpoll
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by engmpoll »

cost was the main driving factor for doing it my own way. plus there is no out of the box kit for my engine, 3.5 v8 with no lambda. Also its boring when things are easy!! I've got some prices for the injectors and matching vapouriser and even with the ms kit its still cheaper than your average lpg out of the box injection system by a good few hundred quid. Plus i then get the choice to run an electronic ignition rather than the out of the ark dizzy!!
Pilninggas
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Pilninggas »

I agree with you, where's the challenge at least this way you get the chance to experimant 8)
mitsuko
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mitsuko »

Oh man , now after 25years of lpg experimenting , I finally find out about the existance of an lpg forum and it's already closed ??

What happend ?

Pat
engmpoll
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by engmpoll »

the link might not work for the lpg forum but if you type it in a search engine then you can get to it that way.
disc
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by disc »

Wrong link was given!!!

http://www.lpgforum.co.uk/
Ford Zetec Turbo in progress... MSnS-E, EDIS4, LC-1 ect. The engine is running @ 12Psi :)