Can someone check my Ignition table for me?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Can someone check my Ignition table for me?

Post by panel »

I just wanted to see if someone can see any problems. it's running right now on EDIS MS-1 2.2 MS spark/extra. I'm running a turbo so this is why I asked if someone might see anything I might have misses etc.
'65 VW Bus with a Subaru EJ20 Turbo conversion , Air to water I/C , LS coils , 14Point7 Spartan 2 & Solid Air Fuel Ratio 52mm gauge.
MS2 Extra V3.0 board
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

Hi, panel -

A lot of this is hard to predict due to variables such as your chamber quench, compression, valves, cam, intercooler (or not) etc. Your map offhand looks okay to start but note a couple things:
• There is a 'ridge' on the 112kPa line up to 1800 that could be smoothed.
• I don't know where your cruise range is - and you could add this later - but the timing in that range (say 1800 to 2600 rpms and up to maybe 77kPa?) could use a 'mound' of advance for that. Can wait.
• I'm a little shy when it comes to boost on a new engine combo. I would back-off the timing on boost a bit more like -
145kPa line 18° across
134kPa line 21° across
123kPa line 25° across
112kPa line 28° across
until you feel the combo out. Wire the wastegate open to tune your lower VE and spark tables then let the gate close to build boost and mod your map with any trends you see. This is the fun part!
David
panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by panel »

Thanks David. I'll give it a try.
'65 VW Bus with a Subaru EJ20 Turbo conversion , Air to water I/C , LS coils , 14Point7 Spartan 2 & Solid Air Fuel Ratio 52mm gauge.
MS2 Extra V3.0 board