Fixed Megasquirt II missing using stock coil and v3 pcb

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mxmang
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Fixed Megasquirt II missing using stock coil and v3 pcb

Post by mxmang »

I had a problem with violent missing in my car... initially i read the megasquirt II manual and it stated i could run 2.5 to 3.5 ms of dwell in the dwell settings menu.. i for some reason set it 3.5 and then 3.8. I ran it this way for a while, then it went south and i coudlnt figure out if my ignition signal was dirty or what... Ok, so I turned the dwell down in megasquirt AFTER the damage was done... aka it current limited until it finally overheating... I took it apart, the leads on the vb921 were missing their usual "aluminum" look and i could see bare copper... unlike the ones i just bought from diyautotune...

So yeah... upon gooping the hell out of hte vb921 with thermal grease and screwing it down decently hard... the problem has gone away...

I ended up putting 2.8 in the dwell box... and the miss didnt fully go away until i set the acceleration compensation down to .8 ... from 1 ... i might go and set this at .9 or .95 later... i am just happy its working properly :D