WARNING - Glen's Garage CLOSED

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Dohc Rocks
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: WARNING - Glen's Garage CLOSED

Post by Dohc Rocks »

I'd gladly pay the price for a harness that's fully populated and like the idea of engaging my own pins so I can ultimately decide what's where.

Adding red wire for injector and coil feeds and upgrading coil wires from 20 to 18 or 16 gauge is also a nice touch.
FoundSoul
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by FoundSoul »

We'll have to see if increasing wire gauge is even possible. The D-Subs max out at 20ga generally. And with 20ga in them it's really hard to use the tool to remove the wires, possible, but tricky.
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
Founder DIYAutoTune.com / AMPEFI.com

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
More info on MSPNP Models
MicroSquirt AMP'd!
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

I'm all for unassembled harness kits as well as assembled versions. For my own use/installs I'll probably go with the unassembled stuff and for shop installs use the asssembled stuff.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
FoundSoul
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by FoundSoul »

And if we need to cut down length a bit to control costs with the rising cost of wiring? Any thoughts on that? How much length do you typically find you need?
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
Founder DIYAutoTune.com / AMPEFI.com

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
More info on MSPNP Models
MicroSquirt AMP'd!
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

I think 8 feet would do the job in most cases.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
Jim Blackwood
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Jim Blackwood »

I don't know if you do this now, but an inexpensive pin removal tool included with the harness kit would come in real handy at times. It's been awhile since I did a harness and I really liked the RS harness, but I did have a little trouble with fragile pins. Also sometimes the plan changes midstream and the wires need to be switched. It's good to have that flexibility. Since between installs I'm as likely as not to lose any removal tool I might have, I'd be willing to add a couple bucks to include one.

JB
Peter Florance
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Peter Florance »

Jim Blackwood wrote:I don't know if you do this now, but an inexpensive pin removal tool included with the harness kit would come in real handy at times. It's been awhile since I did a harness and I really liked the RS harness, but I did have a little trouble with fragile pins. Also sometimes the plan changes midstream and the wires need to be switched. It's good to have that flexibility. Since between installs I'm as likely as not to lose any removal tool I might have, I'd be willing to add a couple bucks to include one.

JB
BTW, the Radio Shack tool works pretty well for this
Peter Florance
PF Tuning
81 BMW Euro 528i ESP Car
60-2 Wheel LS2 Coils, Low Z Inj
Co-Driver 1999 BMW E46 DSP car.
jojje1963
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jojje1963 »

Glen has $1560 of my money, not a word from him for 4-5 months. And to late to get anything back from Paypal. Not fun :evil:
/jorgen Sweden
hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

d***!

it sounds like this guy could be in for mail fraud - it's definitely federal because it's crossed state lines. I don't know what you can do about it from sweden? has anyone tried contacting the police?
jojje1963
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jojje1963 »

From Sweden I can't do anything but hope he will get back to me. I've bought from him many times and he's always delivered so maybe he will sort it out in the end.
joedokes
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joedokes »

My issue with Glenn, beyond the $20.00 in product he should send me, is the fact that his website is still up. I mean it is one thing to close your doors owing a few customers their product or a refund, this is wrong. But it is another thing to keep your website open and take people's money when you know d*** well you are not going to ship their order, that is criminal. GRRRRR.

Regards,

Joe Dokes
hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

If everone reported him im sure we could get it shut down.
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul_VR6 »

The site is still online but you'll notice that he's asking for check/money order as the only form of payment. I just got four more RS harnesses from him a few weeks ago with no drama. Not sure how long that will last.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

You may wish to file formal complaints to his ISP

legal@1and1.com

sample:

Ref: WWW.GLENSGARAGE.COM

Dear Sirs,

I write to complain regarding the above mentioned domain. I have paid $XXXX in good faith for YYYY and the vendor has not delivered.
I have tried to contact him on this time/date and received ZZZZ in reply.

I am most concerned that you allow this fraudulent website to exist.

regards

<name>
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
joedokes
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joedokes »

Paul_VR6,

Glad to hear that he's shipped your stuff.

Jim,

Thanks for the email address, If I don't hear from Glen or receive my parts in the next couple of weeks, I'll send off an email. I've waited two months, I'll give him another one.

Regards,

Joe Dokes
bpetkus
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by bpetkus »

Damm, I have been around this community since the beginning, and Glen has treated everyone good since day one. I wonder if Bruce and Al have insight on what happened. I am kind of worried about Glen. Someone who has been here for about ten years doesnt just start scamming people. I do recommend everyone get refunds from your credit card company. This shouldnt be that hard. You have a few years to reverse transactions. But, being that it is a small community talking about fraud might be a little extreme with Glens excellent track record up till now. For all we know he died in a car accident. We shouldnt buy from him in the mean time but I would like to know what happened to him. I was one of his first customers, and it is sad to see him just disappear. I like buying from the smaller vendors if I can. I hope all is well and everyone who sent money gets their refunds.
-Bryan Petkus
bryanpetkus@yahoo.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1994 2.0L MPI Turbo Talon w/ MSnS -E
1985 4.2L MPI Stroker w/4.0L Head Jeep CJ w/ MS
1990 351W TBI Wrangler w/ MS
1993 4.0L MPI Jeep Grand Cherokee w/MSnS EDIS
joedokes
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joedokes »

Well Glen finally shipped my parts they arrived today.

It did take four months, but he did ship.

Fortunately I didn't need the parts, and was willing to wait.

Regards,

Joe Dokes
coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

When I first read that Glens was Closed, I went ahead and ordered two of his Coil Driver Boards
:? :roll:
But it is another thing to keep your website open and take people's money when you know d*** well you are not going to ship their order, that is criminal. GRRRRR.
Errr. RIGHT. So you know it's closed, yet you order anyway and then whinge about lack of service. And Glen has the issue?

Glen was always helpful and good to me, I find your "attack" of him a bit stupid to be honest. Good on Glen for honouring it.
joedokes
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joedokes »

I read the original post the Glenn's was closed, and was very sad, because I had planned on using a particular driver board that was UNIQUE to Glenn's Garage. The only one who sells something similar is JB Performance, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted, and it was DOUBLE the price.

So I took a risk, a TWENTY dollar risk, I was willing to take the risk because he was the ONLY one selling a particular part I wanted, and if the part never appeared I was only out twenty dollars. Sometimes when someone has a unique product that fulfills a particular niche, it is worth taking a risk to get exactly what you want. and in this case it was only twenty dollars.

I posted my story for few reasons. First, Glenn's website was still up, so someone could make the mistake and order parts from him. Second, I think it is dishonest to take someone's money if you have no intention of fulfilling the order. Thirdly, I wanted to let people know the contact information on Glenn's website so they could send Glenn and email.

Finally, I also posted that Glenn DID send the parts. He DID deliver albeit four months later.

FWIW, I ordered a complete MS3 and MS3X setup from DIY and it was on my doorstep less than four days later, and that was with standard shipping.

Regards,

Joe Dokes
coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

You don't need to re-explain it all - I got that from your original messages. My point was that you knew it was closed but still ordered, then complained publicly about the service. I ordered a couple of boards from Glen's and received them overnight, as did dozens of other people - he was a handy source, no need to go ripping him to bits when he's fallen on difficult times just because you thought you'd take a risk.
I posted my story for few reasons. First, Glenn's website was still up, so someone could make the mistake and order parts from him. Second, I think it is dishonest to take someone's money if you have no intention of fulfilling the order. Thirdly, I wanted to let people know the contact information on Glenn's website so they could send Glenn and email.
You, and I, have no idea why he's out of action. For all you know he could have been hospitalised with a terminal and debilitating illness and have no-one take the site down. It's not quite the same as taking cash off someone in the street and running. Anyone who's bought from Glen's would know the contact info as they'd have been to the website themselves?

Sorry, just comes across as "I took a risk when someone had told me it was shut, thought it'd failed and complained about it, then backtracked when he delivered but still want to have a bit of a pop at him under the guise of concern for others". Maybe I'm wrong too.