WARNING - Glen's Garage CLOSED

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsmcortina
Site Admin

WARNING - Glen's Garage CLOSED

Post by jsmcortina »

I have been made aware by Al Grippo that things have unfortunately gone wrong for Glen. I do not know what or why, but the bottom line is that he is not trading.

DO NOT send him any money.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: WARNING - Glen's Garage CLOSED

Post by hassmaschine »

that's a bummer. his service was always slow, but I liked using his PWM idle board for 2 wire ICV's and 6 cylinder wasted spark.
a73camaro
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by a73camaro »

+1 as a bummer. I ordered once from Glen and I received my MS and other parts within a few days.
MSII v3.0, Extra 3.0.3s
Gokart
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Gokart »

oh.. oh...
this will not be a good new year news.
(4G63T - MSIIextra) (4G13 - MS3-beta testing)
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul_VR6 »

Shame really, I've gotten some stuff from him about a month ago... guess things went down fast.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
wes kiser
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by wes kiser »

Wish I read this 2 days ago. I just purchased some wiring and sensors.
86 Rx-7, swapped to 2.3 ford turbo (BW EFR 6758), ms3/ms3x sequential fuel /waste spark, ls2 coils
88 Tbird 2.3t, Microsquirt Module (PIMP), TFI ignition
Tjabo
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Tjabo »

Yep, that's a bummer. I had one purchase from him a long time ago that was slow and unexplained, but since then everything had been great in my interactions with him to the point that I recommended him to people.

To be fair, I'm also a big fan of DIYautotune, but it was nice having Glen in the community too.
--'98 Dodge Neon ACR Turbo - MS3 beta test car - Sold
--'97 BMW 540i/6spd - Single Front/Top Mount Turbo 550+ HP - MS3+MS3X V3.0 - Sold but ripping in Vegas
--'97 BMW 328i 5.3 L33/TH400 Swapped drift car - MS3+MS3X V3.0 Full Sequential - Turbos And Radiator In the Trunk 9.6@144 on a 1.55 60ft
wes kiser
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by wes kiser »

I normally tried to "spread the love" and buy from Glenn and DIY. I actually liked the RS Autosport wiring harness, as it had nearly every pin terminated, and they provided lots of extra wires. I always bought my kits from DIY and most of the wiring products (MS Specific) from Glenns. I am sure there is a logical explanation and I will get my money pack (Paypal is still pending actually, but they will not let me reverse the payment).
86 Rx-7, swapped to 2.3 ford turbo (BW EFR 6758), ms3/ms3x sequential fuel /waste spark, ls2 coils
88 Tbird 2.3t, Microsquirt Module (PIMP), TFI ignition
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul_VR6 »

Email Glen, I had 4 ordered from him and they're showing up as "Shipped" now.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

Oh that's a great shame, I was really happy with Glen's service, products and friendly help - couldn't fault him.
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul_VR6 »

Received the parts I had on order with no hassle. I hope the best for the rest of you that have open orders and much luck to Glen in sorting the mess out.
-Paul
bmw2002e3
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by bmw2002e3 »

jsmcortina wrote:I have been made aware by Al Grippo that things have unfortunately gone wrong for Glen. I do not know what or why, but the bottom line is that he is not trading.

DO NOT send him any money.

James
Thanks James. Was wondering what happened to an order placed. Got parts from him years ago. needed to order Coil driver boards. Guess I'll home brew up one or two for my use.
paulsprint
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by paulsprint »

This explains a lot placed an order with Glen for an MS2 Kit on the 30th Nov, order still pending. Thankfully i paid using Paypal so I will start the refund process ASAP
Is there any where else i can get a kit from as i quite fancy the idea of building it myself.

Thanks
1975 Triumph Dolomite Sprint soon the have MS2 extra
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Hope all works out ok.
http://www.diyautotune.com sell the full range of Megasquirts including kits.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
paulsprint
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by paulsprint »

Thanks for that I will have a look there. Can I Use msextra code with any ms2?
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

Yes, you can
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
3400 Turbocharged Inter-cooled
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
paulsprint
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by paulsprint »

Quite out of the blue I received an email from Glen apologising for the delay (been having trouble keeping up with orders over the holidays) saying he will ship my order tomorrow and upgrade the delivery to express. I will keep you posted
m
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by m »

Any news from Glen ? I tried to reach hem with email but gott no answer :?
joedokes
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joedokes »

I don't mind the fact that Glen has for whatever reason decided to no longer sell Megasquirt kits, but common decency dictates that he should at least stop accepting money. How long could it take to pull the site down?

When I first read that Glens was Closed, I went ahead and ordered two of his Coil Driver Boards, they are only 8.00 dollars each and they seem to be the only place on the web that has them, so I figured it might be worth the risk. I ordered on Jan 12th, I think I'll give it another week and then contact Paypal and begin the dispute process.

I really hope Glen squares his life away and begins shipping parts, I realize that this community is actually pretty small and the vendors probably don't make all that much, but I am not into giving charity, I want my boards.

If anyone knows a vendor who sells a board equivalent to the 3 wire PWM idle valve & coil driver PC board Greg sells I'd be greatly interested.

Regards

Joe Dokes
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

joedokes wrote:If anyone knows a vendor who sells a board equivalent to the 3 wire PWM idle valve & coil driver PC board Greg sells I'd be greatly interested.
As you say, the MS community is pretty small so vendors try to not copy each others design and sell their own version of the exact same custom board (at least the respectable vendors). So you likely won't find the exact same thing from another vendor.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum