Come on out to MegaSquirt Meet 2011!

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

FoundSoul
Super MS/Extra'er

Come on out to MegaSquirt Meet 2011!

Post by FoundSoul »

We've been working hard at planning a cool meet this year. It's always a good time and often has been had at DIYAutoTune HQ in Suwanee, GA, but this year we wanted to make it a bit more fun, so we're taking the MegaMeet up to Road Atlanta in combination with the Classic MotorSports Mitty! It's 3 days of racing and good times. All the core MegaSquirt developers/engineers will be there, we'll have a few tech presentations/discussions, and just hang out and enjoy the racing!

Full details can be found at: http://www.diyautotune.com/events/megameet_2011.htm

Here's an excerpt:

When: Meet will be Saturday April 30th, 2011 -- We'll be hanging out in the area Thursday 28th thru Sunday the May 1st. See schedule below.
Where:  Road Atlanta in Braselton, GA. Just 30 minutes from DIYAutoTune HQ.
What:  The Annual MegaMeet is the opportunity to come and hang out with all of the major car geeks that make the MegaSquirt project happen. Just about everyone that's played a major role in the project from early on, which of course includes Bowling and Grippo and most of the masses of contributors that have made this project possible. If you can think of a name that you've heard, a firmware / tuning software / etc coder or contributor, or documentation person, or support guy, or just hardcore 'when I bleed it MegaSquirts out of my body' type of guys/gals they will very likely be there. We've had people travel from all over the US, come down from Canada, and from as far as the UK to be here and that's likely to happen again this year.

So what do we really do?
Well, first there's the opportunity to meet/greet all of the core team. You'll get a glimpse at upcoming hardware and get to hear all the skinny on it. Tuning software as well. Anything MegaSquirt related that's in the works or coming together, it will likely be here and you'll see it first. So basically we gather around, geek out, ooo's and aaa's are heard, we check out each other's rides, have some food, and generally just have a good time.

This year we're taking it up a notch, and combining the event with the Classic MotorSports 'Mitty' at Road Atlanta. The Mitty is 3 days of road racing on Road Atlanta's 2.54 mile course, combined with onsite camping, live music and free beer on Saturday night, etc. This year the theme will be somewhat of a celebration of all things Japanese Sportscars.

There will also be an autocross on-site where you can beat the heck out of some MX-5's for free, sponsored by Kuhmo Tires. You can take your car out on the RoadA track for some touring laps or parade laps as well! (Parade laps are free, touring laps cost a few bucks but you can drive faster)

We'll also be camping onsite, which you're free to do as well, or we've got some rooms blocked off at nearby hotels if you prefer to stink less than we do ;).

Full details can be found at: http://www.diyautotune.com/events/megameet_2011.htm

We hope to see you there!
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
Founder DIYAutoTune.com / AMPEFI.com

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
More info on MSPNP Models
MicroSquirt AMP'd!
Jonpro03
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Come on out to MegaSquirt Meet 2011!

Post by Jonpro03 »

Now THAT looks like fun.
gurov
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gurov »

i totally want to come to this. it would be a problem deciding which car to bring.
2020 BMW X3M - bm3 - stage1
1994 Supra - ms3pnp pro - j&s
y8s
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by y8s »

gurov, I think the 325xi sounds like fun and i'd love to see it up close if I make it.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

y8s wrote:gurov, I think the 325xi sounds like fun and i'd love to see it up close if I make it.
I'd also be interested in seeing it for some biased reason...

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
gurov
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gurov »

i was leaning towards that, as i really want to make this car be able to handle long trips, this car was never meant to be modified, but i accidentally a whole turbo.

3 devices on the CAN network, and taking advantage of it pretty well.
2020 BMW X3M - bm3 - stage1
1994 Supra - ms3pnp pro - j&s
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

I'm looking forward to going and meeting everybody!
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
wes kiser
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by wes kiser »

I like Road Atlanta. I was down there working Petite this year.

I am going to try to work on the wife, and pitch this as the last thing I do before our third child arrives in August. With camping the price certainly would be right for the trip.
86 Rx-7, swapped to 2.3 ford turbo (BW EFR 6758), ms3/ms3x sequential fuel /waste spark, ls2 coils
88 Tbird 2.3t, Microsquirt Module (PIMP), TFI ignition
wes kiser
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by wes kiser »

Just to clarify, in order to get the most out of this event, one needs to purchase a 3 day pass, as well as an infield camping pass, correct? Are the camping passes per tent or per person?
86 Rx-7, swapped to 2.3 ford turbo (BW EFR 6758), ms3/ms3x sequential fuel /waste spark, ls2 coils
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

Is anyone from Europe coming? I am, looking for other people so that we can make the flight to the US a little less dull. I'm planning on flying to London and then take a flight from there to ATL. Anyone else?
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

I plan on going, but will almost certainly fly from Birmingham and maybe a few days earlier to do some development work in the USA.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

Well my plan was to fly on Thursday but I'm not constrained in any way. The weird thing is that there is no direct flight from Athens to Birmingham, and I'm not really looking forward to taking the train from London to Birmingham. Btw there are many directs flights from Heathrow to Atlanta, I don't know about Birmingham.
The man behind MS Labs
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Reverant wrote: Btw there are many directs flights from Heathrow to Atlanta, I don't know about Birmingham.
For me, Birmingham is ten mins by taxi. Heathrow is 2-2.5 hours plus parking etc...

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

You're not very adventurous, are you? :P
Just kidding. I'm pretty sure that we won't be the only two from Europe to go...?
The man behind MS Labs
wes kiser
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by wes kiser »

So judging from the event (Mitty) website, if I am planning on staying and camping I should purchase the event pass that includes parking, camping, and attendance?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

wes kiser wrote:So judging from the event (Mitty) website, if I am planning on staying and camping I should purchase the event pass that includes parking, camping, and attendance?
Correct.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
shuiend
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shuiend »

When is everyone planning on heading out to the event? I am debating if I want to camp out Thursday night or come out Friday morning.
94 Miata running a MS3. Begi turbo kit with a SR20 t25
wes kiser
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by wes kiser »

I will be driving down on Friday, planning to camp Friday night and Saturday night. I am not sure what time Friday I will leave Charlotte (NC).
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

I plan on driving up Friday. No need for me to camp :D as my dad live's in Suwannee (right around the corner from DIY) I'll be staying at his house.
Support the developers!
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

So is ther any kind of schedule/itinerary for the weekend? I won't be getting to Suwannee til late tomorrow afternoon and curious about what I'll miss.
Support the developers!