Injector Banks for V8

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

efims
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Injector Banks for V8

Post by efims »

Going to run MS2 v3.0

Was told that the injectors to be wired in TWO banks.

Firing sequence is 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2

Which injectors go to Bank 1 and which to Bank2?

Thanks in advance
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Injector Banks for V8

Post by jsmcortina »

Two choices.
The simplest is to wire them left and right.
The alternative would be bank 1 = 1-5-4-8 and bank 2 = 6-3-7-2

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
efims
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by efims »

By the way, what is maximum number of injectors (for each Bank) for MS2V3.0Series321?

If 4 injectors are too many(which can damage the ECU), what should I do(or add) in order that the ECU can run 4 Bosch injectors(taken from Mercedes M119) each bank without damaging(burning out) the MS2
SymTech Laboratories
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by SymTech Laboratories »

efims wrote:By the way, what is maximum number of injectors (for each Bank) for MS2V3.0Series321?

If 4 injectors are too many(which can damage the ECU), what should I do(or add) in order that the ECU can run 4 Bosch injectors(taken from Mercedes M119) each bank without damaging(burning out) the MS2
You can run up to six low impedance fuel injectors per channel, and even more if they're high impedance fuel injectors.
SymTech Laboratories, LLC ----- MSQ File Repository: megasquirt.symtechlabs.com
npk
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by npk »

Thanks...this is surely more than what I need(running 4 High Imp injectors per bank(channel))
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Yet another injector wiring scheme...... :lol:

I used this wiring on my first MS project (sbc w/tpi) and it worked very well for me.
Chevy_Injector_Wiring (2).gif
Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
efims
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by efims »

Looking at the setup of wiring, it seems that the "best" way is to alternate based on the firing sequence(group by skipping the next injector)
dusterbd13
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by dusterbd13 »

so, we have determined to group by firing order? GM used all one side, and all the other side as the banks. I'm using MS2, and batch fire, and would like the best results I can get from this setup.

is there any noticeable difference between the way GM did it and the alternate you guys are discussing?

I know this is an old post, but I'm trying to be thorough in my homework. I admit, following the gm style would be easier, but if its better the other way, ill do it.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Ford did outer 4 as a bank then inner 4 as the other.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

efims wrote:Going to run MS2 v3.0

Was told that the injectors to be wired in TWO banks.

Firing sequence is 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2

Which injectors go to Bank 1 and which to Bank2?

Thanks in advance
My RV8 had factory injection, and that was grouped left and right bank alternate fire.
After reading on here, I changed it to follow the firing order with MS - but after I'd run MS with the factory grouping. Can't swear there is any major difference, but I think it gives a better idle. So no reason not to do it if making up a new loom.

The instructions I found for the firing order on my engine grouped alternate cylinders from the given firing order. So with yours it would be:-

1-4-6-7 and 5-8-3-2
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I don't know about other V-8s, but the traditional BBC is definitely "two V-4s with a common case and crank". Four intake valves flow into the center of the cylinder, and four flow out towards the cylinder wall; different shape and length runners in the head, too. Those two different configs like slightly different spark timing and fuel AFR, so I would group the similar four together. (Turns out, on the BBC, to be just as DaveEFI mentioned; alternating cylinders in the firing order are one group)