MAF and acceleration enrichment questions

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Allmybase
MS/Extra Newbie

MAF and acceleration enrichment questions

Post by Allmybase »

I want to set up a MS system on a 90 1.6 miata. Most of the setup is well documented except that I need to maintain the stock AFM and on/off switch TPS. I can’t add any sensors or change anything outside the OEM ECU case in order to be class legal. Anything inside the OEM case is fair game. I plan to use MAP sensor and a wideband O2 for setup and a base tune, but have them disconnected for competition.

This has been done before with an MS1 running custom firmware to invert the AFM and TPS signals and enable MAFdot acceleration enrichment. I’m trying to figure out if I can make this work with MS2, specifically the microsquirt module for more space.

1) Is there any form of acceleration enrichment I can use with MS2 running with a MAF only and no TPS?

2) The stock AFM runs from 5-0 volts with ~5 volts at idle. Can MS2 work with an inverted MAF signal or will I need to invert it either via firmware or a circuit before it reaches the ECU.
clutch dude
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MAF and acceleration enrichment questions

Post by clutch dude »

To bring this question up to date, I would like to know if this can be done with MS3-Pro on my 92 1.6 Miata.

Since the MS3 code now handles MAF better, is there a way to invert the signal from the AFM or invert the code?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

1. There is currently no MAFdot based AE. However, it appears the MAF on the flapper style setups has a tendancy to overshoot, producing its own form of acceleration enrichment.

2. I believe the code allows an inverse curve, although I haven't tested this myself.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
cmonref
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by cmonref »

AE works with MAPdot, and you will have a MAP sensor installed. Is that an option for you?

Brian
Brian
MS3-3X v1.3.0; TS Ultra 3.0.28; 911SC 3.0L; 3.2 intake; 2 Spartan O2 sensors; LS-2 coils; 60-2 geartooth and hall; dizzy hall
clutch dude
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by clutch dude »

cmonref wrote:AE works with MAPdot, and you will have a MAP sensor installed. Is that an option for you?

Brian
The class I compete in does not allow for the addition of any sensors. I have to use what came with the car from the factory.
clutch dude
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by clutch dude »

Matt Cramer wrote:1. There is currently no MAFdot based AE. However, it appears the MAF on the flapper style setups has a tendancy to overshoot, producing its own form of acceleration enrichment.

2. I believe the code allows an inverse curve, although I haven't tested this myself.
I just purchased a pre-built MS3 and have a registered TunerStudio all ready to go. I don't have fuel or spark maps just yet.
So, does the firmware handle the inversion itself or do I need to alter something myself?