MicroSquirt on Mazda Renesis?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

rv7charlie
MS/Extra Newbie

MicroSquirt on Mazda Renesis?

Post by rv7charlie »

Greetings; I was directed here after posting on the MicroSquirt forum. I'm considering a MicroSquirt for a custom installation of a Mazda Renesis rotary engine. I don't need to control the stock throttle-by-wire throttle or the intake manifold tuning valves (will be using a basic no-frills throttle body & custom manifold), but would like to do sequential injection, if possible. This is a 4 port engine, with 4 injectors (2 per rotor). My understanding is that the MicroSquirt will work, as long as MSExtra code is loaded to support the 36-2-2-2 crank wheel.

If anyone's already set up a Renesis using a MicroSquirt & would be willing to share their setup parameters, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Charlie
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: MicroSquirt on Mazda Renesis?

Post by elturbonitroso »

the microsquirt with the extra code would work on wankels engine but you are not going to have sequential injection if you want sequential injection you have to go ms3.
rv7charlie
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MicroSquirt on Mazda Renesis?

Post by rv7charlie »

Thanks; after thinking about it a bit, I can see that.

If anyone's got a file showing all their setup parameters, I'd love to have a look at them. It's hard to get any idea on how difficult it will be to set up a system, when I don't have one to play with.

Thanks,

Charlie