Please post your TBI sucess stories!

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

JonnyB
MS/Extra Newbie

Please post your TBI sucess stories!

Post by JonnyB »

Lets hear'em! I would like to see your .MSQ also!

I drove mine all last summer and fall right up till the snow hit the ground. 1965 Rambler 287 V8 original dizzy with Crane electronic conversion (used one for a BBC) MS2 V3.57 and relay board TBI from a '90 Camaro and injectors from a 350 truck.

I've recently been going rounds with it this year but I won't let it get the best of me! Especially with the help here!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Please post your TBI sucess stories!

Post by Matt Cramer »

We have a write-up for a TBI we put on a Nova on our site:

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... 1-nova.htm

It also includes a comparison with TBI and multi-port injection.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
spokanerxdude
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by spokanerxdude »

I'm in the process of converting a carberated Mazda Rotary Engine Pickup to TBI Will post more when I'm done.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

The Mitsubishi Starions came from the factory turbocharged TBI, two injectors. The 86's alternated same sized injectors, the 87-89 models used staged injection with a smaller primary and much bigger secondary. Done plenty of MS conversions of both types. The only downside of the conversion is the factory idle valve is an oddball polarity reversing thing that can't be utilized, thankfully they are long stroke motors that hold idle rpm pretty well with A/C cycling.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!