HELP! TS is not connecting and corrupt firmware??

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

deathtrapmiata
MS/Extra Newbie

HELP! TS is not connecting and corrupt firmware??

Post by deathtrapmiata »

\]MSpnp gen1 from diyautotune

Never had an issue like this before...
ive always been able to plug and play with my laptop with the cable and adapter in my car.

Here is the story.
I had the serial cable that is for the mspnp and then an adapter that converts it to usb, so it plugs into my laptop.
its always worked just fine, and never had issues....
Then, one day my TS kept going offline while i was driving/tuning, and the tiny led would flicker (showing that the usb port is failing)
- the connector is loose/wiggly, and did not keep a connection, it could hook up, but then the slightest vibration of the laptop would knock it offline

So i go to radio shack, buy a DB-9 (serial to USB port) cable for 29.99 and it hooks up perfectly
it took for ever to find the driver software online to get the cable to work.

it showed a connection in tuner studio in COM5 for a second, and now will not connect at all....
and if i try to run or reload firmware i get stuff like this in the picture that does not run in TS
Untitled.png
At one point before the death of the first cable adapter the random shifting offline would cause weird stuff to happen to my settings for example it would change my idle DC to like -3 and change temperatures in my idle settings
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: HELP! TS is not connecting and corrupt firmware??

Post by elutionsdesign »

Reload the firmware.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
deathtrapmiata
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: HELP! TS is not connecting and corrupt firmware??

Post by deathtrapmiata »

UPDATE*

went to bestbuy and got a 5in prolific rs-232 to USB cable
its driver installed immediately and it works, when i search for existing firmware it pulls up 029y3 firmware like it should @9600 com5 or 6

i think the other cable i got from radio shack was old or something, i did some digging and looks like the latest driver was for windows vista
that makes me mad because the guy at radio-shack said that they just came in and were brand new.