another wideband install question

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

silverGT
Helpful MS/Extra'er

another wideband install question

Post by silverGT »

Hey guys - another newb here doing an install of MSPNP2 on my 86 Mustang w/ KenneBell blower. got a question re: the ground connections for my Innovate LC-2...........
I intend to hook up analog output 2 to the MSPNP options serial connector , pin 21 after reprogramming the controller to match the output of analog 1 (i.e. 0v=7.35 and 5v=22.39) but my question is: can I hook up the LC-2 ground to pin 22, signal ground, of the options serial connector? in other words, is signal ground the same as sensor ground? or do I need to tap in to the EEC harness at pin 46?

also, this cut and paste direct from the LC -2 manual:

The LC-2’s ground should share the
same grounding source as the dev
ice to which you are feeding the
analog outputs, the easiest wait to accomplish this is to run an aux
ground wire from the ground point of the LC-2 to the ground or signal
ground of the device you are interfacing with.

adding to the confusion is the paragraph immediately preceding that statement ( LC-2 manual) where they recommend connecting the ground direct to the battery, whereas in the MS extra documentation it specifically warns against doing exactly that.

anyways, I can't wait to get this thing fired up and I am sure I will have more questions later but thanks for any help!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: another wideband install question

Post by Matt Cramer »

The LC-2 runs the heater power through its ground, so I would recommend grounding it to the engine block instead of ECU signal ground.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
silverGT
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: another wideband install question

Post by silverGT »

all right - thanks!