my v8 runs like a boxer 4?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

the_buster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

my v8 runs like a boxer 4?

Post by the_buster »

Hi,

i cleaned up my install of an MS3 in my ford 5.0 (existing efi vehicle) i have no sinc errors and all sensors and configurations are correct. What I am experiencing is my car now sounds like a boxer 4, there are no miss fires, fuel is good, spark is good MAP hose has no leaks and idle is garbage. I thought at first my car went into LIMP mode but this isn't the case.

Thanks,
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: my v8 runs like a boxer 4?

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Are you sure all the ignition outputs are going to the correct cylinders? Don't forget that the outputs always fire in the ABCDEFGH order (when using sequential ignition) and you have to match that to your engine fire order.

Jean

EDIT: Also, post your msq and a datalog of the problem.
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
the_buster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by the_buster »

racingmini_mtl wrote:Are you sure all the ignition outputs are going to the correct cylinders? Don't forget that the outputs always fire in the ABCDEFGH order (when using sequential ignition) and you have to match that to your engine fire order.

Jean

Yeah I double checked that my Fireing order is:

ABCDEFGH

It was running fine before I "cleaned up" and it seams to be chewing fuel like a pig too.

Thanks,

EDIT: Also, post your msq and a datalog of the problem.
the_buster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by the_buster »

ah for the love of it!

i wired in an injector wrong from the stock loom pft. I have to improve my detective skills a bit more.