MSPNP Pro: Plug and play systems based on the MS3-Pro

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

MSPNP Pro: Plug and play systems based on the MS3-Pro

Post by Matt Cramer »

Ok, today is the official release for our latest plug and play: the MSPNP Pro! This one is based on the MS3-Pro, and the first two out the gate have the same price tag as an MS3-Pro with harness: $1199. The first two released are for the '01-'05 Mazda Miata and '04-'05 Mazdaspeed Miata. We have several in development to be released soon:

Mk IV Supra 2JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GE
'90-'95 Corvette ZR1
'96-'98 and '99-'04 Mustang GT

If you want to get one made for a specific model, we can use the same MSPNP On Demand group buy process to get one of these launched as with the Gen 2 MSPNPs. We'd need at least 10 pre-orders to make an MSPNP Pro for a model we already have a connector for.

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp_on_demand.php
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
GraemeD
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: MSPNP Pro: Plug and play systems based on the MS3-Pro

Post by GraemeD »

Matt,
I was thinking about getting a Pro this year,,,

What are the pros & cons of the MS3Pro vs the MegaSquirtPNP Pro for a '94 Miata with a 01 VVT head?
Can you do all the same things with the MegaSquirtPNP Pro that the mS3Pro will do?

I currently use the 15pin aux connector to access the CAN bus for my data logger, is that connector on the pnpPro? I don't mind rewiring if needed.
'94 Miata ; 2001 VVT engine; DiyPnp 3.3.2 & VVTuner , 99-00 crank & cam sensors; sequential Toyota COP ignition; LC-1 wide band O2; Square Top manifold; RB header; Custom CAI.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The MSPNP Pro is pretty much just an MS3-Pro in a plug and play form factor, so you're not giving up anything compared to the wire-in MS3-Pro (and it works out to a somewhat smaller price tag, too). Yes, it does have the CANbus brought out, as well as wiring for the VVT control.
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

Matt, since the trans stuff is coming along so well do you think there'd ever be a PNP with trans control?
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

Raymond_B wrote:Matt, since the trans stuff is coming along so well do you think there'd ever be a PNP with trans control?
There's a thought.... and since the trans code works on a Microsquirt just stick a 3-Pro module AND a microsquirt module in the same case and tie them together via CAN.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Raymond_B wrote:Matt, since the trans stuff is coming along so well do you think there'd ever be a PNP with trans control?
While we don't have one currently being designed, it's something that might show up if there was an application that had a lot of installs on computer controlled automatics - what did you have in mind?
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

Well my current project (95 Lightning) wouldn't have enough numbers to make it worth your while, but I was really thinking about Mustangs. Anything 96 and up right? And you guys already have PnP for those EEC-V applications right?
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

Or maybe even something universal? Would be cool to have one connector on the PnP side that was generic and then just an adapter harness for different OEM connectors.

Hey, one can dream right? :)
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Raymond_B wrote:Well my current project (95 Lightning) wouldn't have enough numbers to make it worth your while
We've set an official bar for what "enough numbers" is, and that's ten if we've already got the connector. Find 10 people who want an MSPNP for the Lightning (and anything else the ECU might fit) with automatic trans control, at the price such a unit would cost (it's probably going to be in the $1600 range for an MS3-Pro based system with automatic transmission control)
but I was really thinking about Mustangs. Anything 96 and up right? And you guys already have PnP for those EEC-V applications right?
Not yet, but a version for the manual transmission cars is in development. I am not sure a MicroSquirt Module would fit in the case we plan to use. However, just because automatic transmission control probably won't be in the initial release does not mean we couldn't come back and offer a variant with that option later.
Raymond_B wrote:Or maybe even something universal? Would be cool to have one connector on the PnP side that was generic and then just an adapter harness for different OEM connectors.

Hey, one can dream right? :)
Yes, but that particular dream would have left the realm of MSPNPs and become a different product name. :lol: