REQ Fuel MS number

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

joeyb
MS/Extra Newbie

REQ Fuel MS number

Post by joeyb »

I'm trying to understand what my MS number means. I've read the math - and I get it, but what would make you want to change the number?

I'm running a required fuel of 11.6 on 33lb low impedance injectors in an SRT4 with 10lbs of boost.

I'm planning an upgrade to 96lb injectors and more boost (20 - 25lbs) . .. injectors in arrive in the mail today - I'll definitely be playing with this tonight. Curious, should I run VE Analyze and then adjust my pulse with settings? How do you adjust pulse with settings after burning the fuel table? Does VE analyze adjust the REQ fuel or ms number? (11.6)
joeyb
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: REQ Fuel MS number

Post by joeyb »

I came up with a Req. Fuel number of 4.0 for my setup. What about fuel pressure? I'm running 58psi instead of 43psi.

I gather I need to adjust the injector opening time too.
joeyb
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by joeyb »

After computing my injector flow rate at 110.9 and a REQ Fuel number of 3.50 - I'm like wow, that way different than the 11.6 I started with!
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

That's because the injector flow-rate is "way different" than your old ones!

The "req_fuel" number is a constant that is derived from your engine displacement, number of injectors, number of cylinders, injector flow-rate, and stoic ratio of fuel being used. Change any one of those and req-fuel has to change, but only when one of those changes.