Choosing my set up for a vr6 conversion

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Tom899
MS/Extra Newbie

Choosing my set up for a vr6 conversion

Post by Tom899 »

Hi all
I am new to this and reading up on everything Ecu is boggling the brain! I have taken a vr6 engine out of a golf and want to put it into my Vw t3 van. The Ecu is fried and was going to get a new one (standard unit) to replace it but found megasquirt to be an option. Why put a standard Ecu in when I have the perfect opportunity to upgrade and have something infinitely tuneable right?! I want to eventually turbo charge the engine but for now it is a standard engine. Is putting a megasquirt set up in a good way to go and what would you recommend I go for? Like I say I am new to aftermarket ecu's so all input and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Tom
Ollie8974
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Choosing my set up for a vr6 conversion

Post by Ollie8974 »

I would recommend the MS3X, it will handle any modifications you what to do not and in the future.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

I'd go straight for at least an MS2 processor, putting a microsquirt module (MS2 level) into your factory ECU case so you can use the factory wiring would be a great way to do it.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul_VR6 »

The vr6 uses sequential fuel injection stock and ms3 is the only way to retain it. There is a noticable difference in smootheness with sequential on this engine.

If you have any more specific questions, feel free. I have probably squirted more vr6s than anyone in the world.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!