MS3-Pro on Chrysler 3.5 H.O V6

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

GT Fiero guy
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3-Pro on Chrysler 3.5 H.O V6

Post by GT Fiero guy »

Looking into getting MS3-Pro to run spark and fuel on my Chrysler 3.5 HO V6 while leaving the factory PCM in place to run the transmission and other systems. The end goal is to eventually add a turbo but I'd like to get the engine running on megasquirt before installing any power adders. I've been reading through the manual and I think I have a handle on things but I have a question. In section 5.3 page 37, there is a chart for "setting up a basic configuration", but the 3.5 isn't on the list. The crank and cam sensors are hall-effect. There are 2 sets of 4 windows and 1 set of 5 windows for the crank and a variable number of windows on the cam gear. I have attached images of each. My question is, will the MS3-Pro work with this odd arrangement of windows or am I going to need to machine up a couple of toothed rings to make it work? Thanks.

chrisser
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS3-Pro on Chrysler 3.5 H.O V6

Post by chrisser »

Hi GT Fiero Guy.

I'm new to the forum and MS. Been thinking about using MS3 or MS3 Pro on a 3.5 to accomplish a 2.7 -> 3.5 swap in parallel with the OEM ECU to run the gauges, body, trans, etc. Initially to make the swap easier, but eventually to allow a mild turbo setup.

Been wondering the same thing in my research and my googling pulled up your post.

Don't know the answer, but it appears that it may be necessary to rig up some tone wheels and possibly a second set of hall effect sensors to run the MS.

At least in my case, i want OBDII to work on the OEM ECU, and it's going to have to believe the engine is running in order to run all the emissions tests so I suspect the original crank/cam signals are going to need to be preserved. If MS can't interpret them, then the crank/cam signalling is going to have to parallel the OEM setup.
GT Fiero guy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by GT Fiero guy »

bump
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

This looks like it might be Jeep 2002 mode.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X