Newb..Firmware Signature Mismatch

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mustang3550
MS/Extra Newbie

Newb..Firmware Signature Mismatch

Post by mustang3550 »

Hi everyone, Thanks for having me in the community.

So im new to the megasquirt. Im a ford guy and use to the Anderson PMS on our fox bodysand playing with those units on my buddys 331. I ran across a working MS2 ecu w/PCBv3.57 Firmware MS2-Extra 2.1.0, with the adapter harness and cables for labtop. 250$ was in a running 306 with a S-trim HCI setup.

I bought it before I pulled the stock 302 from my car I hooked the MS2 up to test it and she fired right up, slightly rich. Moved car into its position its been sitting for last 14 months and yanked the stocker out.

Since then car has recieved a new heart. 408ci Windsor, manual trains with A5 gear set, and cobra irs and plenty of frame, cage, and suspension work. Wanting this car to be streetable but will be a nice corner carver.

Im nearly finished in build and thought id get this up and going to familarize myself with the unit after watching youtube vids and readying storys. Ran into usual newb issues, driver install on serial cable, port check, etc but now im at point I feel close but then far away as im recieving error for Firmware Mismatch.

When I open tuner studio I go in and open New Project. I let it detect device and it finds MS2Extra Rel 2.1.0p on com4. But with that i still have to put the .ini file Ive tried everyone that my system pops up from all the example versions to one under my files created from previous attempts to the B & G ini file I find.

At that point it will move me to point of selecting wideband o2 and such, gauge display, then will tell me Fireware signature Mismatch!!!!

Your megasquirt is using firmware: Bowling & Grippo MS1 base code MS2extra Rel 2.1.0p

For Tuner studio to communicate correctly the Serial signature for your project must match what is reported by the megasquirt.

Project Serial Signature: 20
Megasquirt Serial Signature: MS2extra Rel 2.1.0p

At that point it gives me options to open another project, update ecu, connect anyway, work offline. Ive tried switching with all the ini files I have listed and it seems to be a not like it. The connect anyway option has failed to connect and results is a not connected displayed overlapping the gauges.

Any help with this would be very benificial to me and would be most appreciated. Sorry for the long write up but wanted to include details.

Thanks
Shane
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Newb..Firmware Signature Mismatch

Post by Matt Cramer »

If you create a new project and do not attempt to load any tunes you have created offline, does that get it connected?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X