Converting to Programmable ignition!, Have a Doubt!

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

themotog
MS/Extra Newbie

Converting to Programmable ignition!, Have a Doubt!

Post by themotog »

Hi, Guys, Im new to the Microsquirt as well as Tuning scene!. I ride a Motorcycle, Its a 200cc 4valve Single cylinder engine running on carb, i plan to convert it to EFI, And i have hit my 1st Roadblock, need your help here, My motorcycle is unique in terms of Ignition, It uses 3 spark plugs, DC-CDI ignition. Its called Bajaj Pulsar 200NS, I plan to first convert it to fully programmable ignition.

The issue is, How do i find out how the CDI is getting its RPM input?, I couldnt find any trigger wheel in my bike, And given its a CDI, How will Microsquirt work?, Do i have to input the RPM sensor or VR sensor to Microsquirt and Output to CDI to Control the Coils?, or Is it entirely different?

Or does Microsquirt act like a CDI and outputs to Ignition Coils?.

Need help!!!

Cheers,
Harry Thaker AKA TheMotog
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Converting to Programmable ignition!, Have a Doubt!

Post by elutionsdesign »

Do i have to input the RPM sensor or VR sensor to Microsquirt and Output to CDI to Control the Coils?
I believe this is your approach. Looks cool! There must be a trigger somewhere, maybe a magnet on the flywheel?
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!