No injector squirt

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Pureinsanity
MS/Extra Newbie

No injector squirt

Post by Pureinsanity »

Hello I am really stumped right now I hope you guys can show me some light! Anyways I recently got my car started a Talon with the 420a engine. I first got it running using the stock high impedance injectors. Everything seemed to be running ok so I went ahead and swapped my bigger 1200cc low impedance injectors in, wired up the resistor pack and change the injector settings for the new injectors in tuner studio. Then it would not start so I pulled a plug and it was dry so I pulled the injectors and fuel rail and cranked the engine over and there were no spraying. There's power going to the injectors and if I ground them they spray. So im guessing its somewhere between the computer and the ground. I hope I got the right files you guys need.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: No injector squirt

Post by slow_hemi6 »

voltage drops to 9.2 when cranking add some voltage drop due to the series resistors and the injectors are going to be sluggish to open. I would try to fix that big voltage drop as a starting point.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Do the injectors spray in Test Mode? I presume the battery voltage would not be an issue while doing that and not cranking.

You are using both resistors and PWM? I don't think that is correct, it should be one or the other. I have never used the PWM, though, only P&H type drivers...

What are the actual injector and resistor resistances?
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

Yeah, that is a problem, the peak and hold likely isn't enough to overcome the resistors. Change the injector settings back to 25.5 and 100% and try it.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
Pureinsanity
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Pureinsanity »

Thanks for the advice guys! :) Sadly I went ahead and changed the injector settings and no luck. They look like they squirt a little once you turn the key off if that means anything. But my battery is pretty week It cranks the engine pretty fast a couple of times then its dead. So I might go back with a better battery and give it a shot. I did measure the resistance of the injectors and resistor pack but I forgot what the injectors were but the pack was 6.5. I did not try the test mode I could not find it on tuner studio.
Pureinsanity
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Pureinsanity »

Ok I got new injectors some high impedance ones! :) anyways I get it to fire up but it quickly dies but if I turn the required fuel up to about 8 it will idle and run pretty good. But with 1100cc injectors I would think it should be about 4? If I set the required fuel and lower like 5 it will run for a few seconds till it leans out and stalls. any advice? It does have some old gas in the tank going to probably drain it and put some new gas in not sure if that would cause a issue.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

It's been a while now, post the current tune and log files.
Pureinsanity
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Pureinsanity »

Was not thinking left my laptop over at the garage Once I get back over there and pick it up ill upload the files. But I don't think anything really changed except for the injector settings and the required fuel. But I guess it would be a lot easier to figure out what's going on with some visual information. :) I upload the files as soon as I can.
Pureinsanity
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Pureinsanity »

Ok well finnaly got back over to the garage and got the files. I got it running after a few attemps. I kept the required fuel low at 3 and increased the dead time too 1.7 and it kept running really rich though. the afr gauge was reading that its running on the lean side about 18. Maby I need to reset my wideband sensor? kinda lost with this whole thing. :( but heres some files the datalog is before I managed to get it running.
2015 2.9 req.msl
mytune.msq