EFI using GPIO

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

EFI using GPIO

Post by ol boy »

Has anyone got a working GPIO running there fuel injection? I'm mostly drawn to it with the amp seal connector. I've mapped out all the CPU pins and it compatible with ms2extra 3.x.x firmwares.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: EFI using GPIO

Post by jsmcortina »

MS2/Extra is not currently licensed to run on the GPIO.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I'm confused here. Are we talking about the GPIO board as sold by DIYAutotune, or something different? My understanding is that the GPIO is an add-on to the basic MS, not a "stand-alone"
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

jsmcortina wrote:MS2/Extra is not currently licensed to run on the GPIO.

James
Oh.. what's the deal with that? I remember you asking a few megameets ago if the GPIO would support the efi code and the presenter didn't seem to give a yes or no answer. So what would it take for ms2extra to be licensed for use on the GPIO board? My poor V3.0 pbc is more of a space filler and looking quite hacked up and the DB37 is getting quite flimsy.

Would I be with in the MS2extra license if I built my own pcb to hold my MS2 daughter board and my PICAXE based trans controller using a nice 50ish pin ampseal?

Thanks Ryan
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

billr wrote:I'm confused here. Are we talking about the GPIO board as sold by DIYAutotune, or something different? My understanding is that the GPIO is an add-on to the basic MS, not a "stand-alone"
yes the GPIO board. I think it's only $240
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/gpio ... p-417.html

Every circuit is laid out and just needs the jumper from the CPU header to the IO you intend to use. The whole board is a proto area. ugh.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

ol boy wrote:Would I be with in the MS2extra license if I built my own pcb to hold my MS2 daughter board and my PICAXE based trans controller using a nice 50ish pin ampseal?
Definitely not. That would actually break both the MS2/Extra license and the intended use of the MS2.

If you want to make your own board, the only acceptable solution for an MS2/Extra based setup is to use the Microsquirt module.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Of course, a regular MicroSquirt isn't much more expensive than a GPIO kit, and that would get you the AMPSEAL too.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X