semi-sequential siamese port engine

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Shane Lang
MS/Extra Newbie

semi-sequential siamese port engine

Post by Shane Lang »

Hi, this is my first post so sorry if I'm doing it wrong.. I have a inline 6 Chevrolet 292 that i have been building and i have come into a major roadblock as many have before me with minis and inlines i am quickly learning. I am learning about the Siamese ports and I'm trying to figure out the options i have at this point in the build.
So from what i understand (taking this from a previous thread, no actual evidence of this being true) the Chevy inline 6 has 3 Siamese intake ports that aren't equally spaced. From TDC the #1 intake valve opens in my case for 218 degrees. than at 480 degrees the second intake valve opens. The middle pair of intake valves open 360 degrees apart from each other equally. The final set opens at 240 degrees and 480 degrees. Like i said, not sure on these #'s.
So from my understanding this is what i need to do:

1. Need 3 injector drivers (banks)--one for each port
2. Each cylinder receives its own injector
3. set for 2 squirts per cycle

BANK 1:
Cyl. 1 Injected within 218 degrees of TDC(when intake valve closes)
Cyl. 2 Injected same amount of fuel as Cyl. 1 after cylinder 1 intake valve closes, anytime before Cyl. 2 intake valve opens or before .050 lift.

Bank 2:
Cylinders 3 and 4 Injected 360 degrees apart equally

Bank 3:

Cyl. 5 injected within the intake valve opening
Cyl. 6 injected the same way as cylinder 2 (anytime after cyl. 5 intake valve closes but before cyl. 6 intake valve opens)

According to my math cylinders 1 and 4 intake valves will be opening at the same time and cylinders 2 and 6 will be the same way. Two adjacent (sharing port) cylinders' intake valves are never open at the same time.(overlapped)

The questions:
Are 3 banks possible?
Am i on the right track?
can i use 2 squirts per cycle?

I have MS2 3.0
Shane lang
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: semi-sequential siamese port engine

Post by racingmini_mtl »

jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Shane Lang
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: semi-sequential siamese port engine

Post by Shane Lang »

Yes, it makes more sense now. Also going to use the remote sampling chambers. Great idea!
Shane lang