'IT LIVES' - No RPM signal VR sensor

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 'IT LIVES' - No RPM signal VR sensor

Post by billr »

Post a new tooth-log, let's verify that it looks good now.
Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Camo »

Hi billr,

Here is one of the last tooth logs I have saved, thanks.

This was with the spark plugs still in, just using starter motor.
2014-12-14_15.58.25.csv
Kev
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

The tooth log looks decent enough to me. Was the run log taken with an SD card? I'm not seeing "rpm", "MAP", or "sync loss count" there. Some of that may not be critical since you are running ITB mode, but they sure help me get a better idea of what the engine is doing. (I only have played with speed-density, for the most part).
Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Camo »

Just in relation to the tooth log, I am only counting 34 (shorter) signals before the (tall) missing signal. I am assuming this is wrong for a 36 to 1 wheel ??

No SD card used, just saved via TS. Don't know why there is no rpm etc.

Also on the run log there is a view called 'Timing err' and shows some spikes in it. Could this be due to me counting only 34 signals of crank.

I also have MS set up as 'speed density' although I originally had it set as ITB but read somewhere how much harder it was to set up that way.

Regards, Kevin
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

No 35 teeth is correct because it would be a 36 tooth wheel, if it wasn't missing one. The missing one is really just a longer gap so it shows up as a longer(tall) 35th tooth time.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

With the SD card you have to select which data fields are to be logged. I'm kind of surprised "rpm" and "MAP" aren't already on as a default setting. Sorry, I don't play with SD cards enough to tell you how to do that, but I'm sure it is in the manual. If you do a regular "run log" using TS, I think all data is automatically logged, to be turned on at will in MLV. Are you clear on the 36-1 tooth-log pattern? (Yours is fine).
Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Camo »

Thanks guys,

I will do some checks of TS and do another run log asap. Just busy like all leading up to Christmas, work and family.

I now (thanks to you) understand that the 35 tooth is the longer spike. You have taught me well :RTFM:

Cheers, Kev
Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Camo »

billr,

I was working offline on TS last night and realised that I actually took things out of the data logging section (newbie thing) as I thought I was moving over just the ones I wanted. Silly me :oops:

Will update the ecu when I plug it back in on the weekend and do another log, which I will post.

Thanks, Kev
Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Camo »

HI all (billr),

Have attached an updated run log which I hope shows what you were wanting to see. I engine was only running for about 30 seconds and I used an electronic thermometer on the 4 exhausts pipes before collector. Number 1, 2 & 3 cylinders in this short running time were reading around 125F, but number 4 was showing about 165F.

Hope billr you can make some sense of this :?: :?: :?:

Thanks, Kev
2014-12-20_10.41.51.msl
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

The only .msq I see is from the beginning of this thread, is it still current? Honestly, I'm not going to be able to help you much more, as I have no experience or even good understanding of how "ITB" sets the fueling PW. I do see that MAP and injector PW seem to be fluttering a lot, but don't really have a clue as to whether that is "normal" with ITB. We need help here from other folks...
Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Camo »

I just logged one today (20th here) and attached it in my last post 40 minutes ago or so. I can see it in megalog viewer and this time shows AFR, RPM etc. Not sure why you are seeing an old one.

I'll keep mucking around with it.

Thanks again for your help, I have definitely made progress with the help of this forum.

Kev
BigLou240sx
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BigLou240sx »

Camo wrote:I just logged one today (20th here) and attached it in my last post 40 minutes ago or so. I can see it in megalog viewer and this time shows AFR, RPM etc. Not sure why you are seeing an old one.
Bill is asking for the tune file (.msq) that was used when that log (.msl) was taken.
1990 Nissan 240sx / SOHC KA-T / DIYPNP
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I saw the "run log" (.msl) posted recently, I was asking about a recent tune file (.msq).
Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Camo »

Sorry about that (Still a Newbie)