2jzgte vvti using MS3x questions

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jbjslambert
Helpful MS/Extra'er

2jzgte vvti using MS3x questions

Post by jbjslambert »

Hi, I just purchased my second MS ECU. First one was a PNP for RWD SR20DET. I am currently working on an unassembled MS3x and will be using it on a 2jzgte VVTI. I have been studying the VVT setup and think i may have it, but I am trying to figure out how I could run the twin turbos in a sequential mode rather than parallel. Or even if its worth it. And if running sequential turbos, I would rather do it in a more simple way than using Toyotas cluster of vacuum lines and sensors.
Thanks, any help would be great
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 2jzgte vvti using MS3x questions

Post by Matt Cramer »

The MSPNP Pro for these cars uses Toyota's sequential activation setup; you can check out its base tune on megasquirtpnp.com to see the settings we used.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
jbjslambert
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jbjslambert »

ok thanks Matt. I failed to mention that even though this is my second ECU, I consider myself still a beginner. :shock:

But, from what i can see on that msq, there are 4 programmed on/offs that are RPM based. They are using these to actuate Toyota's VSV sensors?

If I am correct, now I will need to determine which outputs go to the IACV, EGCV, EGBV, and wastegate...which shouldnt be a huge problem.

I could use this base map for my 2J VVTI and add VVT settings in, right? or would the ignition table be different

JZ9298_TT_Supra_MAP_132.msq
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The pin mapping is listed at the bottom of this install.

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/docs/mspnp ... ?isModel=1
jbjslambert
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jbjslambert »

Thanks Matt, sorry I didnt think about looking on your non vvti 2J setup. Making this easy on me. :yeah!:
jbjslambert
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jbjslambert »

I am now wiring my harness for the sequential setup. The manual for the PNP states only 3 outputs is needed for the turbo setup. HC2 for boost control, PWM1 for exhaust bypass valve, PWM2 for exhaust gas control.

The PNP base map also has Injector out "G" setup to engage at 4300, is this for the intake air control valve? I looked it up and this VSV does get actuated with a ground in the OEM ECU. so it makes since, I just want to make sure

if so, then it really needs 4 outputs for sequential turbo...

Thanks
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

This may have been a holdover from an earlier version of the MSPNP. The current version does not have Injector G connected.
jbjslambert
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jbjslambert »

Oh ok. So your saying that the air intake control on the rear turbo is not neccessary?

Also I was thinking about replacing the stock boost controller with the MS EBC I have laying around. This would be a good idea to get control over the wastegate using pressure instead of being rpm based? Also being able to take advantage of overboost protection
demetrius718
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by demetrius718 »

jbjslambert wrote:Hi, I just purchased my second MS ECU. First one was a PNP for RWD SR20DET. I am currently working on an unassembled MS3x and will be using it on a 2jzgte VVTI. I have been studying the VVT setup and think i may have it, but I am trying to figure out how I could run the twin turbos in a sequential mode rather than parallel. Or even if its worth it. And if running sequential turbos, I would rather do it in a more simple way than using Toyotas cluster of vacuum lines and sensors.
Thanks, any help would be great
Hey, would you still happen to have the basemap for the 2jzgte vvti? Im looking for a basemap right now and I cant find any, if you still have it can you send it to me? It will be greatly appreciated man