New User

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

New User

Post by Bmettie »

Just want to say Hello.
I've been lurking here for a little while and I've recently purchased a MS3pro unit. The MS is going in a 91 Supra 7mgte. I've been running a MAFT-Pro piggyback for a few years now, its a great piggyback, I loved it. I'm sick of fighting the stock ECU so I'm making the jump into the deep end. I've looked around at many standalones, and I mean MANY, there's a freaky ton of them out there. I landed on MS for many reasons, I don't think i need to go into detail here since were all here for a reason to begin with. But one of which that I will point out, and I'm sure I'm not the first to say, is all the great support from the community. All the threads I've read show so much helpful information, some(alot) of which is a bit over my head but give me a little while and I'm sure I'll ask some noob questions and I'll get the swing of things, I'm sure of it.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: New User

Post by elutionsdesign »

You picked the correct unit!
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bmettie »

I hope so!
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bmettie »

ok first noob questions.
Can you share a 0-5v pressure sensor signals? I want to share my oil pressure sensor between the MS and a gauge. I'm looking in the manual as to what inputs to hook up 0-5v sensors to, and it looks like i can only use analog inputs for these signals, is that correct, or can I use any another inputs?

Thanks
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Bmettie wrote:ok first noob questions.
Can you share a 0-5v pressure sensor signals? I want to share my oil pressure sensor between the MS and a gauge. I'm looking in the manual as to what inputs to hook up 0-5v sensors to, and it looks like i can only use analog inputs for these signals, is that correct, or can I use any another inputs?

Thanks
Yes, 0-5 V signals are ordinarily pretty easy to share.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bmettie »

Baseline dyno, 359/307, On wastegate spring ~10psi creeped to ~15psi. Very conservative timing and fuel to make sure I was safe, AFR actually dropped into the 10's up top. Power can only get better from here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6DWjyzTKXI